New Wheels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stormracer

Reaction score
I had just purchased my 1999 Yukon and it had 16.5 inch wheels that were in need of new rubber. With 16.5 inch wheels your tire selection is very limited. So I opted for some new 17x9 inch wheels and rubber. The tires are Federal Caruga 35x12.50x17.

img0592az.jpg

img0593a.jpg

img0594au.jpg

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look good, compliments the truck very well... you might want to try and sell your old rims over at pirate 4x4 or H1 forum.. there are always guys looking for them..

BTW :welcome:

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sick. Nice clean truck overall. But I just don't like the chrome on the bottom of it all. And either that chrome gas cap. Everytrhing else is sick.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! Looks like it's been taken care of very well, frame rails nicely painted. I could do without the chrome gas cover, imo.

OP
OP
S

Stormracer

Reaction score
Gas Cover!

I agree with the gas cover. I have not fully investigated that yet. It appears its bolted through the body??? Not sure, or just appears that way. I would prefer the stock gas lid myself! I picked those rims because I felt they would set off the truck with the chrome rocker panels, and I also plan doing a nice Ceramic IR tint in a bit all the way around nice and dark. So it should look pretty good. Yes overall it has been pretty well taken care of, few dings but not very many. I can count on one hand :). The drivers door handle is cracked on the outside, the passenger door on the inside drivers side is broken. Also the mirror control switch is broken, all those parts are on the way via Ebay. Outside of that, in pretty nice shape.

Thanks for the compliments!

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the chrome on the panels, but yea the stock gas lid would look better. That rim and tire combo is pretty sick and definitely goes with the truck well!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe most of those chrome gas doors use existing holes to mount. And I think the chrome rocker panels flow nicely with the chrome bumpers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timmytom