Newbie with Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok...here's a few more cell pics. had to snap them real quick before the wife went off to work.
disregard the ugly balding dude in the pic.
photo1027.jpg

hard to even see them unless u are looking for them

photo1034.jpg

photo1033.jpg

just noticed when i ran out to take this pic, i used the wife's set of keys..thus the pink remote case....dont judge.

hard to capture with the camera but they are every bit as bright as the factory chevron turn signal mirrors. very noticeable.

photo1030.jpg

hope that helps with any other questions....

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow...not bad at all. They really do hide in there!

ELIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been wanting to do the side blinkers on my side mirrors too. Thanks for sharing this option!

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok...here's a few more cell pics. had to snap them real quick before the wife went off to work.
disregard the ugly balding dude in the pic.
photo1027.jpg

hard to even see them unless u are looking for them

photo1034.jpg

photo1033.jpg

just noticed when i ran out to take this pic, i used the wife's set of keys..thus the pink remote case....dont judge.

hard to capture with the camera but they are every bit as bright as the factory chevron turn signal mirrors. very noticeable.

photo1030.jpg

hope that helps with any other questions....

Awesome post! Thanks for that! I'm definitely doing this asap............and don't worry about the hair and and the key fob! You're still doin' the damn thang!

OP
OP

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the one thing i did, not sure if its needed or not, but the end where the wire comes out, its nicely coverd with heat shrink but i felt it might pull away from the mirror housing and cause the strip to start peeling off over time. i just dabbed a bit of 3M moulding adhesive i had laying around (any good adhesive should work). the double sticky stuff on the strip should hold just fine, its seems very strong. i just worried about that free end. at least its "anchored" to the mirror and wont let gravity affect it now.

they are more visible inside the truck when driving than the OEM ones in the glass but its not bad. u just cant really accidentally drive with the blnker on anymore haha no excuses!

but they are bright enough at night they light up the outside edge of the B pillar when they flash...

for those of you with stock tails, they sell the strips in yellow/amber too if u wanted the lights to match the rear turn signals....

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great mod. Was thinking about getting the oe signal mirrors, but they are expensive. This mod looks great. Just something else i got to add to the todo list.:emotions122:

OP
OP

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i had my 06 silverado i used some aftermarket mirror signal light units that were actually for a honda gold wing motorcycle...(my dad has a goldwing, and when we did his bike i figured it would work on the pickup).

127_image1.gif

only thing with those is they do limit some movement of the mirror when adjusting as they are kinda thick. they looked good, worked well, but for about 1/5 to 1/6 the price, i like this new mod much better. they are brighter, and longer strip and look more OEM and not added on. but anyway, theres that option too for whoever might be interested as well

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:hmm: GREAT idea on that!!! That just got a great idea going for my '77!!! :High 5:
I got barn doors with shaved 3rd, nowhere to stick them things but maybe on the inner side of the plastics for the glass-interior. But might look odd with a 6"+ gap between. Might be able to stick it below the doors on the roll pan????

I'm gonna find many uses for these led strips! haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlathem