Newbie with Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol: Yeah under the door but above the roll pan would be a good place! You could also place them in your interior and hook them up to your dome lights or put in a new switch just for the LEDs in your interior :D

OP
OP

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well they make these like i have that shine out the sides and then some that shine straight out from the "face" of it. if u were going between doors and roll pan and had a flat area, the straight out ones would work very well IMO.

07 burb, back when i had my 77 it was the in thing to use the brake lights of suburbans and tahoes...u know the ones like on the barn door trucks. not smooth n shaved but worked.

if u are able to use them someplace on the 77 keep me posted. im interested in the build obviously

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:High 5: Will do! I've been tossing around an idea for retro fitting a 3rd brake light idea on it and this may be the perfect ticket for that and could be placed in a discrete place when not lit up but the "wamo" there it is when the brakes are applied :D

When you originally posted this I was thinking about mirror turn signals for it but there's really not a good place on my mirrors where it'd look good but the 3rd brake light idea is fantastic! :)

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer your question. I have a PAC module that allowed me to have an AUX imput (RCA Jacks) so I'd assume any aftermarket DVD would have RCA outs..

I don't remember the exact module I have - but when I push the Band button it goes to AUX 1. Everyting was all plug n play, and sound quality was good...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5277_PAC-AAI-GM12.html
Something like this.

It all depends on if you have Bose, CD changer controls Etc.. But this is how I have an AUX jack in my truck w/o any FM modulated garbage.

OP
OP

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well regarding the DVD and stereo issue, it seems to be a non issue. the kids prefer the headphones or the built in speakers right now anyway. and it works well because the built in speakers are fine for them and i can turn on the RSE so the rear speakers go off, and they can listen to the DVD player as they wish and we can listen to the radio louder w/o covering up their audio. i may revisit it later down the road but for now its all good.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool - and WELCOME - regardless that PAC module is a great way to hook up an Ipod, or anything else. I use it for my Droid with Pandora radio... When I'm tired of XM

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I missed this thread. Welcome to the party Man!! Nice Yukon XL you got there, and nice Tundra as well. And the mods on the Yukon are coming along nicely.

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to put in an LED strip on the back in the small space between the bottom of the rear hatch and top of the bumper...anybody done this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlathem