No forward gears, but revers works after loud clunk at nearly WOT.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, been busy lately and not much time for my favorite forum. I’ve been maintaining my ‘03 and trying to keep her healthy. So I just had a mishap. Taking off from a stop, probably 70-80% throttle, and I’m not sure if it was on the shift from 1-2, but believe so. Loud clunk, and now I have only reverse. Manually shifting into gears also doesn’t change this. Fluid is full, and still a little red. She’s due for a change. I have the Performabuilt level 3 transmission, and certainly didn’t expect to have a failure without some significantly higher horsepower. I have terrible internet right now, so doing a quick search I didn’t find a match to this issue but may have missed it. Apologies if so.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Sounds like the tranny is gone, how long have you had that transmission? I've seen several videos from performabuilt and not sure I agree how they rebuild their transmissions. They don't upgrade all the components that are known to fail.
What is the warranty those guys offer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warham123

Latest posts