Non-Stock 20" Tire Size Choices for 2013 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CLSVT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm ready to buy new tires for my 2013 LTZ 5.3 Tahoe. I intend to buy summer performance tires. Current tires are 275-55-20. I'd like to go wider, maybe taller, maybe both. Without changing my stock 20" rims, what 20" tire sizes will fit my Tahoe with little or no modification? If minor modification is needed, what type of mod might that be?
Thanks & and this forum is awesome.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taller AND wider may be a bit of a challenge without a lift. From the wider perspective, you can most likely go to a 305/50x20, which will yield about the same height and preserve your speedometer accuracy.

Michelin Defender tires are a favorite here for folks not involved in a lot of off-roading.

LowCountryTim

Reaction score
Well my rim sizes aren't the same so I won't give you actual tire sizes but...

on my 2011 tahoe a tire that is 32.7" in diameter and 11.22" wide rubs very slightly on the front fender liner at full turn.

a 32.09" diameter by 11.22"w tire does not rub.

Plug your desired r20 tire size into one of the online calculators and see what you're getting compared to what I have observed.

Offset may play a small factor, but hope this helps.

OP
OP
C

CLSVT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I’m ready to pull the trigger on 4 summer tires for my 2013 Tahoe. I would like your advice.

I’ve heard from multiple sources that size 305/50R20 will fit on my stock 20” rims without rubbing so that’s the size I will go with (tell me if this is wrong).

I would like to buy the Michelin Defender LTX but the cheapest I can find them is $350 per tire. Total of $1400 plus tax & mount and balance. Yikes!!!

I’ve also checked out the cheapest tire I could find. The Toyo Proxes ST III Premium Street/Sport Truck Tire at $175 per tire. Total of $700 plus tax & mount and balance.

Are the Michelins really $700 better than the Toyos? Will I be disappointed in the Toyos? Is there a good tire out there in-between?

Michelin vs Toyo.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malachismith

Latest posts