OEM Clone Headlight HID/Projector Retrofit Project [video update]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, if you put people in the back of the hyhoe and the projector beam makes people start flashing you with the high-beams, are you gonna kick em out and make em walk?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno bud I'm not a chauffeur so the chances of me having two people in the back without having two in the front are rather slim. But when you come to visit you can just sit in the back and if she doesn't bottom out we'll give it a go. :)

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update ...

It's almost been a month now since I had these installed and I couldn't be happier. They've been trough 110F heat index, pouring rain, hurricane, DC streets, and so far have held up perfectly. Not a single person has flashed their lights at me day or night. We'll see how they hold up over the winter but so far so good.

On a side note ... I've had a 2" rear drop leveling kit sitting in the closet for a few weeks torn as to whether to install it or not for fear of raising the projectors' beam angle and blinding oncoming traffic. I had all but given up on the prospect of putting it on and I was going to sell it, but now I'm thinking I might take a run at it. We were conservative with the beam pattern height so perhaps I have a little room to go up.

So when I have some time next week I will indeed have it installed and see what happens ... worse case scenario my lights will go too high and I'll just take it off and sell it.

Cheers!

Is your HyHoe Autoride/4x4? If not, what is it? I am still pondering this 2" rear drop as well.. for both the Esky and Avy...

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4x4 no autoride, mcgaughys 30014

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah i see.. shit... lol this autoride is awesome but when it comes to aftermarket suspension it sure is a pain in the A**

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah i see.. shit... lol this autoride is awesome but when it comes to aftermarket suspension it sure is a pain in the A**

:think:

really? ours was easy...

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

I dunno bud I'm not a chauffeur so the chances of me having two people in the back without having two in the front are rather slim. But when you come to visit you can just sit in the back and if she doesn't bottom out we'll give it a go. :)

you bastard! lol...

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I remember looking for a rear 2" drop for you Felix but could never find one for the autoride trucks. :(

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I remember looking for a rear 2" drop for you Felix but could never find one for the autoride trucks. :(

Thanks for lookin out... i've been leaning towards KMel's route by leveling the front end too.. still can't decide :emotions122:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please please don't level the front of your Esky. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members