OEM Clone Headlight HID/Projector Retrofit Project [video update]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmm, back to trying to find a suitable 2" rear drop for autoride then ... I wonder if the non-autoride one can be modified in some way?

So that's all that about my lights then. :)

Supposedly you can modify the 2" rear drop springs but surely someone makes some FOR autoride?

Sorry for the de-rail serge!

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quck q ...

I just realized that we forgot to hook up the little side marker/parking light bulbs.
So we'll be doing that in a couple of weeks when bjorn's in town ... but I was wondering as to their exact setup.

The front side markers are on as parking lights and when the headlights are on right?
Do they also blink? :think:

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quck q ...

I just realized that we forgot to hook up the little side marker/parking light bulbs.
So we'll be doing that in a couple of weeks when bjorn's in town ... but I was wondering as to their exact setup.

The front side markers are on as parking lights and when the headlights are on right?
Do they also blink? :think:

On my YukDen yes and no they do not blink.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do not blink. They are just exterior running lights.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks peeps. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanna run an idea by you guys in regards to modifying the setup ...

The hybrids come without fog lights therefore I don't have a switch for them ... what if I got the little dash knob thingie that has fog light controls, and wire the inner projectors to it?

The idea here is to have the option to run either 2 or 4 projectors. So instead of wiring fogs I would use the fog wires and setting on the switch to choose from 2 to 4.

Does that make sense and what do you guys think?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense to me and I like the idea. Sounds similar to the 4 Hi Mod that a lot of guys do.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi ...

Okay so as my housings are being worked on by customlightz as we speak, I thought I'd share with you guys a little preview of what's going on. We are basically integrating a couple of little tweaks to the setup as described in the original post.

1. Installing switch to have option between dual and quad beams.
2. Removal of lower inside switchback led. Replaced with a blazer fog projector (with halogen 37W bulbs), installed upside down so as to regain 'flash to pass' capability.
3. HID bulb upgrade to H1 XB35s and down to 5000K from 6000K.

That's it really, the main thing is the addition of two more projectors (now up to six) in the inner led spaces.

Pics next weekend after I get them and install them.

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardostrander