OEM Clone Headlight HID/Projector Retrofit Project [video update]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I'd love to run these in my DRLs but I'd hate to spend $60 in lights and have them burn-up in 20 minutes.

Think that would happen?

are the 4114 compatible with 3157? I noticed the disclaimer at the bottom as well.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure. The stock 3157 and 4114 bulbs side by side look identical if that's what you're asking.

Keith, best way to know for sure is to call v-leds and just ask them ... my experience with them is one of great customer service which includes willingness to answer compatibility questions.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Haha Serge, im not a god overthere just the 2nd one to do a retro on a nnbs and now theres 3 of us. As far as Drl. I run autolumination 3157 dual circuit bulbs. Dual circuit meaning that if there is a spike in the current, it wont burn out the Bulb, 3157 will take tghe place of the 4114 even using switchbacks

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keith, best way to know for sure is to call v-leds and just ask them ... my experience with them is one of great customer service which includes willingness to answer compatibility questions.

Speaking of v-LEDs, you, and switchbacks... You must have bought them all because I ordered them a month ago and they are still on backorder!!! Grrrrr!!!

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of v-LEDs, you, and switchbacks... You must have bought them all because I ordered them a month ago and they are still on backorder!!! Grrrrr!!!

They have been notified and will release thy leds when I haz bumper. :waytogo:

Avalanche2007

Reaction score
Hello Serge. Which type of dual color LED you have on your car?

I got your answer in Ian's page :) thank you

Last edited:
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick update ...

It's almost been a month now since I had these installed and I couldn't be happier. They've been trough 110F heat index, pouring rain, hurricane, DC streets, and so far have held up perfectly. Not a single person has flashed their lights at me day or night. We'll see how they hold up over the winter but so far so good.

On a side note ... I've had a 2" rear drop leveling kit sitting in the closet for a few weeks torn as to whether to install it or not for fear of raising the projectors' beam angle and blinding oncoming traffic. I had all but given up on the prospect of putting it on and I was going to sell it, but now I'm thinking I might take a run at it. We were conservative with the beam pattern height so perhaps I have a little room to go up.

So when I have some time next week I will indeed have it installed and see what happens ... worse case scenario my lights will go too high and I'll just take it off and sell it.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoovietude

Latest posts