OEM Clone Headlight HID/Projector Retrofit Project [video update]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drroy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maxima used matsushita gen 5 , not sure about the LR3. Pretty much any OEM ballast is good quality, but at $10 a piece for the chinese ballasts on ebay, you cant go wrong, they are almost disposable.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so confused bud, I'm now asking the same question on HIDP ... :(

Everything that I've been told confirms the fact that HIDs cannot flash highs effectively from a cold start, yet these manufactures are doing it. Is it them who are designing poorly or are they doing something special in their hid setups that allows them to go from off/cold to full beam in an instant?

Ugh!

drroy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry I gave you a bit of bad info, I looked it up and the LR3 uses a h7 high beam, so it probaly has a Bixenon + halogen.
But it is not an uncommon design and there are others like the murano, that use a single bixenon projector for all functions.
155-first-murano-dealership-issues-xenon-headlight.jpg

Is it a good design or a bad design i cant say, but its out there. And how often do you actualy flash your high beams during the day, If you did it every day for minutes on end, probably bad for bulbs and ballast. If you do it a few times a month i don't think it is anything to worry about. I think the flashing HID will imediatly destroy your bulbs and ballast is the "pop rocks" and soda myth of hidplanet.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid question. Loving the Bon Jovi remix. Where can I find this?

Did you happen to post this in the wrong thread by chance??? :think:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, he's talking about the music in the customlightz video. :)

Let me see if I can track it down ...

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen ... a little update.

The updated retrofit is going to include 4 projectors in each housing, for a total of 8 projectors!!!

That is all ... :)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats cool and all, but your bumper still isn't as cool as the 2012 premium escalade. :LOL:

Jk...

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen ... a little update.

The updated retrofit is going to include 4 projectors in each housing, for a total of 8 projectors!!!

That is all ... :)

Hum.. not sure about that. Might be a little to over board and not look right in the OEM housing. But interested in seeing what the outcome looks like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardostrander