OEM Clone Headlight HID/Projector Retrofit Project [video update]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm weary of anyone claiming a clean retro without the truck present, but for what it's worth these guys claim to do it for the yukon:

http://blackflamecustoms.com/produc...on-denali-projector-retrofit-headlights-p-100
http://blackflamecustoms.com/2011/02/07-gmc-yukon-denali-complete-hid-projector-retrofit-headlights/

The components they list are of high quality.

yeah thats where I saw them from. Thats why I though alignment would be okay if they just pluged them in. but now im having second thoughts. although they are nice because they are plug and play.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

mrrairai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah thats where I saw them from. Thats why I though alignment would be okay if they just pluged them in. but now im having second thoughts. although they are nice because they are plug and play.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

Is a $G average price for something like this? I'd spend the money if I knew that it would be aligned properly.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serge, i dont know what 50w means but when it comes to resistors, they are usually measured in Ohms. I use 6ohms on my blinkers, One 6 ohm at each blinker. What if you Raise the Rpms to about 2k, Do the hyper flash stop? If so, the resistor isnt big enough.

50w 6-ohm resistors is what I used on mine... that's the way they were titled and stamped. :shrug:

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

:hmm:
http://blackflamecustoms.com/produc...-avalanche-projector-retrofit-headlights-p-94

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update cause I met up with Bjorn (installer) this afternoon in Long Island and he fixed the hyperflash issue.

Not sure exactly how because I don't know the technical details to describe it ... but a week ago I contacted v-leds where I bought my switchbacks, described the problem, and Bill at tech support responded as follows:

This concerns me, load resistors need to ACROSS the Hi and ground. If the circuit is going “through” the resistor it would explain this issue.

Thankfully Bjorn knew what that meant and it's now sorted. :)

He also gave me a customlightz t-shirt and 2 HID bulbs for my troubles.:winner_first_h4h:

Also he took out the HD camera and videoed some nice footage which he will send to me soon and I in turn will of course post it here.

6hr road trip in the HyHoe, projectors/leds finished, free stuff ... today was a good day. :)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol... yeah, resistors need to be wired across the ground and into the positive. Not in-line with the positive.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks bud. :)

[yt]9rmUZQrvF5o[/yt]

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, i thought you took it to a PROFESSIONAL who would have known how to wire up a resistor... :nono:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sick sick sick sick SICK!!! The Cut off is sick. The shrouds are sick. The headlights themselves are sick. I think this is worth a grand :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Felix thinks this mod is 'sick'....

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is a $G average price for something like this? I'd spend the money if I knew that it would be aligned properly.

Give Bjorn a shout either on the phone or via email ...

Not worth spending this amount of money and chance not having them line up right, especially since you can get to him. Plus the ones they have for $1k are single projectors not quads, so it's actually more expensive. :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardostrander