OEM Clone Headlight HID/Projector Retrofit Project [video update]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so it's not dark enough out to get a good pic, but I went into a semi lit parking lot to give you an idea ... I'll go out in the night and take the proper pic:

web.jpg

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they have to do them in person? damn I saw a set for sale. I thought it was just buy them and directly put them on the truck.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
very clean. As far as fast blinks. Maybe loose wire, bad resistor or not big enough resistor. You have led in rear too? Did you put resistors on those as well?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very clean. As far as fast blinks. Maybe loose wire, bad resistor or not big enough resistor. You have led in rear too? Did you put resistors on those as well?

Thanks sumo.

No loose wires, everything was soldered, taped, and ziptied clean, plus we checked each side individually and both connected. The resistors are 50w, would it make a difference if they were 35W? :think:

The tails are back to oem so that's not it. Plus it did it with both sets of tails on so it's not them that's triggering the hyperflash.

We tried every combo and it really is a mystery. I guess I'll call v-led tomorrow and see if I can get some input from them. *shrug*

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good serge! You and sumo have me thinking and pondering....

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About your Kon I hope :think: I thought we'd treated that other issue, Yates....

mrrairai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm only an hour from Richmond. If he works on weekends I can make that drive on a Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardostrander