OFFICIAL: 2015.5 (2015i) Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a delivery date to my local lot for 11/10/2014 at 11:30 am EST (LOL that they give a time).

Ultimately, mine went from Arlington, TX to Grand Prarie, TX back to Arlington, TX to Texarkana, AR, to New Boston, MI to Ferndale, MI.

Are they pushing it there?! What's the hold up?

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have to go slow because of the wind buffeting noise.

Don't want to get too deep into it, but the buffeting noise had nothing to do with the wind. The wind had no effect to the pressure or buffeting noise/feel whatsoever...I'm just glad they have appeared to figure it out and are taking steps to fix the problem BEFORE they ship.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not see a TPW...just said "scheduled for production" and that was on 10/29/14. Believe me, I am no rush...I hope they just take their time with this one.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Just chatted with them at gmc.com...looks like the week of 11/10.

That's fabulous. You will have had two in the time mine is sitting in 1100 status!

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't want to get too deep into it, but the buffeting noise had nothing to do with the wind. The wind had no effect to the pressure or buffeting noise/feel whatsoever...I'm just glad they have appeared to figure it out and are taking steps to fix the problem BEFORE they ship.

I know. I read the thread on the other forum. I think you were posting there as well. Glad they figured it out.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When did they start fixing this issue before shipment? October builds?

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find another dealer. -GTXPrix

That would be nice. No dealer in this *region* has Denali allocation! I have found allocation (available...not pre-sold to customers waiting in line) in the 2000 and 3000 miles away range. That gets complicated. They have to order with this area's emissions package, have it delivered to a dealer in this area ... all of which is OK. Unless, of course, the vehicle is unacceptable (buffet, other issues with the build quality)...then it gets complicated. (Last week two dealers received allocation for Yukons (not Denali) ... both had customers in line for them ... or so they claim.) To get around the allocation issue, I'd have to become a law enforcement or fleet purchase.

Last edited: