oil leaking into encoder motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clint1077

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Im pretty new to the gm truck scene...so not hugely familiar with them. Ive searched all over the site and have found mention of my issue but no fix. Ive got an 05 z71 and about 6 months after I bought it, the truck started randomly shifting into neutral while on the fwy. Luckily it happened to me and not the wife when she had our son in it.

So after research on here I replaced the encoder motor. Now 6 months later, its doing it again and the motor, just like last time, is filled with oil. Im assuming that a seal is bad and needs replacing. How would I go about doing this? Also would anybody know what the part number is or what the seal is called?

This is the womans truck so I want to make sure this doesnt happen again ...especially when it randomly goes into neutral while doing 70 on the fwy!

OP
OP
C

clint1077

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody know? Ive just read about it being mentioned but can't find what I've gotta do to fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RossHashanah007