Oil Question- Synthetic or non?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

photoryan

Reaction score
What's the difference between the Amsoil EA oil filter and a high end filter from another brand? (By high end, I mean the better/ more expensive of any given brand.)

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The EA filters from Amsoil are made from an exlusive "nano-fiber" media FOR Amsoil by Donaldson filters company. They do not use the same type of standard paper filter media that is most commonly used by other filter companies. The EA oil filters are also warranted by Amsoil for up to 25' miles.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Also, this filter media used by Amsoil and produced by Donaldson is exclusive to Amsoil, no other company offers the same media in their oil filters...

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend the Signature Series 100% Synthetic 0W-30, this oil has a cold pour point of -51* and a high temperature shear stability rating of 150* C or 302* F. The recommended service intervals for this oil happen to be 25K miles or one year for normal service and 15K miles or one year for severe service; unless utilizing used oil analysis to extend further. Yes, you can in most cases extend the intervals further than that, I have seen their diesel oil last past 34K miles using oil analysis to watch it and test every 7-10K, that particular oil change is still in use today.

That is when the oil is used in conjunction with an Amsoil EA oil filter.
thanks next oil change i will be using amsoil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shughes022

Latest posts