Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Does the hybrid have holes for a rack? An escalade rack would look sweet. The chrome door handles would look good also. Just don't get too carried away with chrome. As far as taillights, I would get some aftermarket leds (because they are brighter) and lightly tint them. Nothing terribly dark, just a nice "dark cherry" color. That way you will still be legal.

I am not trying to hijack your thread, but what kind of real world highway/ city/ combined mileage are you getting? I have always been curious what the hybrids can really do.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the hybrid have holes for a rack? An escalade rack would look sweet. The chrome door handles would look good also. Just don't get too carried away with chrome. As far as taillights, I would get some aftermarket leds (because they are brighter) and lightly tint them. Nothing terribly dark, just a nice "dark cherry" color. That way you will still be legal.

Nope unfortunately the holes are not there for a roof rack. This is obviously a concern as drilling new holes could result in some serious issues ... however, I discussed it with a local GM dealership and they are familiar with the process, and who for a 'price' will install the roof racks.

And yes the racks and handles would most likely be the only chrome I would add to the vehicle.

I am not trying to hijack your thread, but what kind of real world highway/ city/ combined mileage are you getting? I have always been curious what the hybrids can really do.

City would be around 18/19, the dash computer says 23 to 25 rolling down the road ... combined city and highway between 19 and 20 mpg depending on how much city driving I do and how I drive it. If one is gentle with the accelerator you can make it so the engine doesn't kick in before 30mph, those that drive that way with their hybrids get better city mileage than me.

I did try it one time and went a whole twenty minutes driving around without the gas engine on ... then I got bored and floored it. :)

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Yukon also has the bubble in the tails that come on them (like the esky tails)... i'm wondering if the Yukon Denali tail has that same bubble... My friend's yukon has em and I hate his tails...

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a company called IPCW?

Trying to get the dark/smoked red look isn't going to happen with oem unless I get those HyNali tails so I'm thinking something along these lines:

ledt-311cr_big.jpg

What do you guys think?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The look good IMO....don't know anything about the quality of IPCW, though...

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear what you are saying man... We are at a tough spot for mods with these hybrids. I thought of the esky roof rails myself, but I have began to love the look of the smooth roof. I would def figure out what the best option would be for 2" lowering in the rear. I cant say how happy I am now that mine is dropped 2/4. As for the exhaust, this is next on my list. You can hack the big clunky resonator in the rear and just run a tip. It has no adverse effects and have read about several hybrid owners doing it.

Check out this link....

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f69/first-accessory-our-hybrids-pics-21333/

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the tip on your link is the one I linked on the previous page.

As my truck has barely 16k miles on it I'm not ready yet to chance my warranty ... but I'll be watching you closely and noting your experience and it will factor in my decision. :)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serge... I actually like the looks of that chrome handle/roof rack rendering u did. Would look great with the wheels you have. Do it. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serge... I actually like the looks of that chrome handle/roof rack rendering u did. Would look great with the wheels you have. Do it. :)

Thanks bud ... I actually already ordered the handles. :)

I had a line on a good deal on a rack but someone talked me out of it. :)
Any ideas where I can score one?

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the bit of chrome on my side molding. I usually don't care for chrome on anything other than black, but it has really grown on me. It breaks up that massive billboard sized door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venegasj