Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i asked TYF member Volant1 if there's a CAI for our trucks but he never got back to me.

So far as I can tell there isn't one who's pipe angles correctly around the hybrid box/module ... but if you solve this mystery with proper fitment and without spitting out codes I'm right behind ya. :waytogo:

Yeah, but I read on green hybrids that it works with minimal trimming.... Ill cross that bridge when the times comes and be sure to let you know

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how GM labels the part numbers?

Meaning when they indicate a part as right or left do they mean as you're sitting in the truck or as you're looking at the truck from the front? :think:

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Btw BG, I just had to go out and stepped on her a few times ... honestly bud whatever difference there is I can't either hear it (as mentioned) or feel it ,and in fact I'm pretty sure anyone who may claim to tell a difference just by swapping a filter might either be exaggerating or it's in their head. What I'm really looking at is if I will in fact gain that extra 1mpg many talk about.

As far as the Volant thread on greenhybrid, having read it myself I remain unconvinced ... not about the ability to install one, but as to the long term affects. You'll notice that the OP of that thread never returned to indicate real life experience with a CAI on a Hybrid ... no mention of codes. reliability, hp/mpg gains, nothing.

Hard to make a decision solely based on someone claiming on some forum that they managed to attach something to something else. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another day another failure! :(

Ordered leds/resistors for my rear turn signals, went to install them, and within 30-40 seconds the resistors got so hot you could fry an egg on them ... no way those could stay on like that without melting stuff. I know resistors do get hot but this was ridiculous. So nothing got accomplished.

What am I doing wrong ... did I order the wrong resistors? :think:

This is what I got from autolumination:

T25 Wedge Item# 120 SMT Ceramic , Color: Red , Type: 3157 (3rd one down) http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm
Load Equalizer Item# 50 Watt , Color: 50 Watt , Lens: 3 Ohm http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:sad72:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:hmm:

:lol:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, you need 50watt 6-ohm, not 3-ohm

edit: that is the absolute worst looking website I have ever seen. Why didnt you just stick with V-LED?

On another note, Serge, thats why VLED sells them with the mounting plates (which I happen to have a spare pair of if you need them), because they do get hot. I mounted mine UNDER the vehicle near the harness directly to the frame. This way they touch nothing.

Last edited:

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Serge were you swapping out reverse bulbs or what?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes rear blinkers ...

If you have resistors with plates I'll take them bud.

Thanks man.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Oh and I got those leds from there cause I have the same ones for my backup light and I love them ... and I wanted matching leds in both sections of the tail.

I just ordered the wrong resistor. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty