Opinions on tires! Nitto 420 and Tire experts in general please chime in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay so I've been doing some more thinking on this. I decided to compare the 305/40/22 to the original tires that came on my vehicle rather than other arbitrary sizes or the 285/45/22s I have on now:

picture.php

So other than the extra width, everything related to circumference is almost identical. I might have a little rub at full lock but I'm thinking it might be worth it and pull the trigger.

Btw, this is the cheapest set I could find shipped: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NE...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2421wt_1182 Anyone know of a better deal?

Last edited:
OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Yea I think I might play it safe and get that size too.... Tirebuyer.com has them for 720 shipped. For the 4th of July they had a coupon but I didn't want to pull the trigger since I'm still un-sure of what size tire I wanna get.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I've been doing some more thinking on this. I decided to compare the 305/40/22 to the original tires that came on my vehicle rather than other arbitrary sizes or the 285/45/22s I have on now:

picture.php

So other than the extra width, everything related to circumference is almost identical. I might have a little rub at full lock but I'm thinking it might be worth it and pull the trigger.

Btw, this is the cheapest set I could find shipped: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NE...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2421wt_1182 Anyone know of a better deal?

I just drove my friends 09 Denali which he has the stock 22s with 305-40-22 and he's didnt rub at all I guess those wheels are different offset than my wheels I tryed everything fulllock to the left and right forward and reverse and it didnt rub. so I would say PULL THE TRIGGER already haha.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about bulging (giggity) with a 305 tire on a 8.5 wide rim? :think:

nj462

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys have officially convinced me to go with 305/40/22

my rim is going to be 22x9.5 and 30 offset....

is that the same as what you guys are measuring? Think I will be ok with rubbing?