Order Now or Wait to Locate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only ones being built right now due to constraints are sold orders so there aren't likely to be many (if any) in inventory. Something like that you'd want to order.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine. My dealer was ordering his inventory, so we made one of those my order. I wanted 4wd and it was on constraint, we packaged it exactly like I wanted it, marked it as sold and it arrived in 3 weeks.

At this price point, there is no reason not to get it exactly how you want it, even if it means waiting.

OP
OP
F

fab83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. This would be the first time I've ordered. Ive learned a lot from your "track your order thread" like make sure its marked Sold, dealership allocation, constraints :-(, etc.

Would love to have the new truck by 4th of July.

And very true . . . can't settle as this price especially since we keep our cars for 10 years. :)

OP
OP
F

fab83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there any way to know / confirm if a dealership has the allocation for your order before it's placed??

Thanks again for everyone's feedback!

Much appreciated by a newbie :)

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a suburban and it is really frustrating to try to find one with the options you want. Especially with the bench option I think you should order it. I have employee pricing so I think I am just going to order because there is no price difference. Not sure how it works with your trade in though? Not in a great position to negotiate on that if you already ordered a truck. Or will they usually guarantee the trade price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

fab83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know, not sure what happens with the trade-in.

Dealers indicated that they wouldn't expect the trade-in value to change much since it is an 2004 for 140K miles, but I am definitely concerned that they will change their tune on delivery.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fab83, set the deal at the time of the order and make them sign it. That's what my dealer and I did. The salesperson is the low man on the pole, if you deal directly with the inventory manager, that's the guy or gal that can give you all the details on what is or what is not on constraint. The strength of the dealer has a lot to do with it. A dealer who sells 10 a year does not have the allocations that a dealer that sells 100 a year has. Trust me it is worth waiting for. Right now the Arlington assembly plant is running full steam, so all this waiting business should be near over. I drove by the plant, new tahoes and yukons as far as the eye could see.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had no problems with our retractable steps from 2008-2012 when we had our suburban. I highly recommend them!!

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in CT and a bunch of my friends had them and they all broke in the snow

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

fab83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HAARubicon - Thanks for the feedback. I'm very much in analysis paralysis :) My next step is to reach out to a local dealer that had allocation. Ill ask to speak to inventory manager directly to get some assurances. Great to know things are starting to move in Arlington!!

We are going to let go of the retractable steps. They are pretty cool, but we decided we like the look of the running boards. I guess we are old school as it takes us back to my husbands first car with lighted running boards on his S10 Blazer. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968