P1089 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeetercrunch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I posted this is a Duramax forum and figured I would post here too.....
My 2024 Suburban is throwing a code P1089. Its has less than 1500 miles on it. I took it to the dealership and they say it has gasoline in the diesel. I don't believe gas in diesel fuel is the issue. (It runs great) I believe it is something else. Here is a list of all the codes that it is throwing. What do you guys think or recommend? (BTW - I did a search and didn't find anything similar).

CodeDescriptionFailure CodeStatus
B1B1EFront Floor Console Motor0x92Active
P1089Fuel Rail Pressure Performance During Deceleration Fuel Cut Off0x00Active
P138C
(Nothing listed)0x00Pending
U0146
Lost communication with Central Gateway Module0x00Active
U3000Control Module Watchdog/safety Control Malfunction

Big Bad Allis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have the P138C code. Catalyst Heating Fault. Dealer searched Bulletins and retrieved Bulletin 24-NA-070 for an engine control module calibration update. Dealer updated and cleared code. Code came back a day later.

Skeetercrunch - Do you want to add this description to your helpful list above? I'll update once they have a better fix.

Jason

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the water drain on the bottom of the fuel filter. It’s on the frame rail just underneath the driver’s door.

It has a torx screw head and when you remove it, the only thing that will come out is water, if there is any. You shouldn’t get much more than a few drops.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The dealer would give me a sack of $20 bills to get me out of the dealership from me being so obstinate about fixing the damn thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
councilman