P2723/ p0700

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry245

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was on my way to Nc this weekend with the Family we stop in Maryland coming from New York my truck wouldn’t go into gear then it went into limp mode. I scanned it and got P 2723 and P0700. I had to get it towed from Maryland to New York. Luckily I had AAA does this mean I need a new transmission, selonoid or valve body You can also hear the torque converter while the engine is running

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fluid level good and not smelling burnt? How old is the fluid?

If you do not have a bi-directional scan tool for diagnosis, take it to the dealership. The dealer will tell you exactly what's wrong, it might need major repairs or it might need a new TECHM. You can rebuild the TECHM on your kitchen table.

If you take it to an independent shop they will tell you it's "toast", "fried", "broken", etc. and sell you an entire unit when you may not need it. At the GM dealer's transmission will have a 3 year 100K mile warranty that can be serviced nationwide.

@NickTransmissions

OP
OP
Larry245

Larry245

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fluid level good and not smelling burnt? How old is the fluid?

If you do not have a bi-directional scan tool for diagnosis, take it to the dealership. The dealer will tell you exactly what's wrong, it might need major repairs or it might need a new TECHM. You can rebuild the TECHM on your kitchen table.

If you take it to an independent shop they will tell you it's "toast", "fried", "broken", etc. and sell you an entire unit when you may not need it. At the GM dealer's transmission will have a 3 year 100K mile warranty that can be serviced nationwide.

@NickTransmissions
Fluid level is good not burnt I had it changed in October ok so I will try the dealer thanks

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was on my way to Nc this weekend with the Family we stop in Maryland coming from New York my truck wouldn’t go into gear then it went into limp mode. I scanned it and got P 2723 and P0700. I had to get it towed from Maryland to New York. Luckily I had AAA does this mean I need a new transmission, selonoid or valve body You can also hear the torque converter while the engine is running
This sounds like a TEHCM issue, specifically clutch pressure control sol #5, stuck off. It can also be a cracked 1-2-3-4 piston which would produce the same symptoms (no forward movement in Drive or Manual).

Where is the vehicle now?

OP
OP
Larry245

Larry245

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This sounds like a TEHCM issue, specifically clutch pressure control sol #5, stuck off. It can also be a cracked 1-2-3-4 piston which would produce the same symptoms (no forward movement in Drive or Manual).

Where is the vehicle now?
I had it towed to Ny it will go 10-30mph for a little then I can’t go nowhere until I cut it off for a little and keep doing same process

OP
OP
Larry245

Larry245

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this was the outcome a lot of metal shavings I went ahead and changed the transmission it runs good now

Attachments

• 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 3