Painted the Grill - 2010 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good i need to do mine, i have had mine all taken down to the damn chrome clip things, i couldnt get them off so i put it back together...as soon as i get a chance again i am going to do mine, its been bothering me ever since i have had my tahoe!!

OP
OP
S

sensinitas

Reaction score
looks good i need to do mine, i have had mine all taken down to the damn chrome clip things, i couldnt get them off so i put it back together...as soon as i get a chance again i am going to do mine, its been bothering me ever since i have had my tahoe!!

Do it! Try my suggestion of using a flat head to push the chrome tab down with one hand, and use a hammer to knock the tab through the slot. :waytogo:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!

How does it look with the chrome left inside the lights? Need a pic from farther back.

OP
OP
S

sensinitas

Reaction score
Nice!

How does it look with the chrome left inside the lights? Need a pic from farther back.

Haha yea I need to get a better shot. This was just a quick cell phone shot I sent to a buddy. I'll take a few better ones after the next wash and post them up

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ sensinitas - looks good! what color is your tahoe?

I did the same thing to mine about a month or two ago, and getting that chrome off was by far the hardest part.

To be honest, I'm not super happy how it turned out. Don't get me wrong - I think it looks pretty good on darker colored Tahoes like Sensinitas' - but mine is silver and i think the sharp contrast is just too much. Kinda makes the grille look cheap and plasticy (for lack of a better word). I need to post some pics. I ended up buying another black grille with the chrome surround on it from ebay for $50 in case I want to change it back.

OP
OP
S

sensinitas

Reaction score
@ sensinitas - looks good! what color is your tahoe?

I did the same thing to mine about a month or two ago, and getting that chrome off was by far the hardest part.

To be honest, I'm not super happy how it turned out. Don't get me wrong - I think it looks pretty good on darker colored Tahoes like Sensinitas' - but mine is silver and i think the sharp contrast is just too much. Kinda makes the grille look cheap and plasticy (for lack of a better word). I need to post some pics. I ended up buying another black grille with the chrome surround on it from ebay for $50 in case I want to change it back.

Thanks! Mine is Taupe Grey Metallic.

Yea the chrome was a ***** to get off, until I figured it out. It's actually pretty easy if you know what you're doing. But I didn't, so it took me a while...

Let's see some pics of your grill!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burdbrain68