Painted the Grill - 2010 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pics of the painted grille I did on mine...satin black grille on a silver birtch metallic body... not in love with it...

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some pics of the painted grille I did on mine...satin black grille on a silver birtch metallic body... not in love with it...

Looks clean and matches what you got going on with the rims. I'd be interested in seeing what it'd look like if that grill was color matched and the bowtie painted the satin black :hmm:

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks - i'm not in love with it, but i don't hate. kinda depends what day of the week it is...i bought a back up stock grille (black w/ chrome surround). it was a fun little project though...learned some things about painting and mastered how to remove and install the grille so all was not lost =)

color matched as in silver? then a black bowtie? that'd be interesting for sure!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, color matched as in the same color as your Hoe and then a black bowtie. It just peaked my interest seeing how yours sits now. Maybe someone who's good with Photoshop could do some quick work of your existing pics to see what it'd look like first. Might end up being too much silver and make the front end look funny :)

OP
OP
S

sensinitas

Reaction score
thanks - i'm not in love with it, but i don't hate. kinda depends what day of the week it is...i bought a back up stock grille (black w/ chrome surround). it was a fun little project though...learned some things about painting and mastered how to remove and install the grille so all was not lost =)

color matched as in silver? then a black bowtie? that'd be interesting for sure!

I actually really like the way it sits now. I think the gold bow tie is throwing it off though. If you painted it black, or silver with a black surround, that would look great.

I also like 07burb's idea of painting the grille surround silver, and the bowtie black.

Either way it flows with the black wheels you're rockin

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks - I have thought about painting the bowtie the same as the body...and I do want to get some touch up paint just to have on hand. Maybe I'll pick some up at a dealer this weekend.

mowrer7

Reaction score
yeah, color matched as in the same color as your Hoe and then a black bowtie. It just peaked my interest seeing how yours sits now. Maybe someone who's good with Photoshop could do some quick work of your existing pics to see what it'd look like first. Might end up being too much silver and make the front end look funny :)

Totally want to do this after seeing item # 19156277 on gm parts direct. Sport Red insert with chome surround and a black bowtie, I think so! Add it to the list.

steven johnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any problems with painting the crome trim piece, so the whole grill is black? did you clear coat the grill when done ? GM call's my body paint ( stealth gray metallic). NOTE it will be a black grill , with body color bowtie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burdbrain68