Performance Exhaust cat-back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Planning on upgrading the exhaust on my '04 5.3L LT4x2 hoe to a complete cat-back system,
any suggestions, as to which brand system to go with. with no drone noise. with great performance & sound. ~ magna-flow, Borla, Flowmaster, or Corsa Sport, ? any suggestions/advice welcomed. thanks

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Orale Mando personally I like the sound of Corsa but they are expensive. I am running Flowmaster suv 50 series dual cat-back. I am happy with it but sometimes wish it was a lil louder at idle. It does get loud and sounds aggressive when I get on it. Most the guys on here will probably say MAgnaflow. It all comes down to personal preference. Every vehicle sounds a lil different. Do a search on hear their are several postings on exhaust and some of those threads have video clips. Good luck..

Last edited:
OP
OP
mando2776

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Orale Mando personally I like the sound of Corsa but they are expensive. I am running Flowmaster suv 50 series dual cat-back. I am happy with it but sometimes wish it was a lil louder at idle. It does get loud and sounds aggressive when I get on it. Most the guys on here will probably say MAgnaflow. It all comes down to personal preference. Every vehicle sounds a lil different. Do a search on hear their are several postings on exhaust and some of those threads have video clips. Good luck..

Thanks cobra , will check those threads... i was kind of leaning towards the Corsa, or borla

OP
OP
mando2776

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score

do u get any drone noise inside cabin? with the flowmaster

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a flowmaster 50 series dual outlet catback. The only time i have drone is if i`m towing a loaded trailer up a steep hill on the highway.

All other driving situations there is no drone.

MUDHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the magnaflow and it sounds good i would like it to be louder but im used to straight pipe harleys and a buell 1125 w/ d&d pipe pushn 180dbs the loudest thing ive ever heard on the street

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jglynn83