Upgrade package - exhaust/suspension/wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder to follow up, yeah family comfort / daily driver still the priority for this vehicle. For exhaust I went with the “Chevy performance” cat-back made by Borla for the 5.3, includes the anti-drone valve and I’m quite pleased with the sound. (It was never about performance with this vehicle, I have a race vehicle if I want to have more fun and experiment and take risks etc.). Taking it easy with the family it just sounds like a strong v8 while getting up to speed, clearly audible but not obnoxious, and settles down nicely to a volume tolerable for my frequent 5 hr trips. Carbon fiber borla tips were an indulgence but look sweet. Got the borla intake as well, knowing that it makes zero difference (sound or performance) unless you’re standing on the throttle, and even then maybe not performance because I haven’t timed or measured anything and I don’t care to. Just saying, open the taps now and it’s a great soundtrack, and that’s all I wanted, for my v8 to sound like a v8 again. Tires have another year or so on them so waiting for them to wear out before doing shocks/struts and 20” OEM 5 spoke wheels. Thinking upgraded sway bar as well at that time, for slightly more controlled feel through turns, but have more research to do on that one.

The way my dad used his 99 Yukon, which I had bought from him and relied HEAVILY on this forum to help keep it running great, was like a family luxury truck. I love that concept of being those three things at the same time, and doing them all pretty well. With these changes I think I’m keeping with that intent, and it’s going well so far. At some point I’ll summarize everything I’ve done and post it for all.
Excellent. Sounds like a great setup. As a fellow dad, I get the family cruiser aspect of this - it's exactly how we use ours, too. Best carryall on the planet. I'm 53, so my dad's family hauler was identical to this one. I hope our kids will look back on our trips with our Yukons fondly, the way I do our family trips as a kid.

1725892058006.png

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Excellent. Sounds like a great setup. As a fellow dad, I get the family cruiser aspect of this - it's exactly how we use ours, too. Best carryall on the planet. I'm 53, so my dad's family hauler was identical to this one. I hope our kids will look back on our trips with our Yukons fondly, the way I do our family trips as a kid.

View attachment 437510

Our family hauler was similar, the one I remember most was our '66 Country Sedan. Two adults and 6 kids, so packed full for trips, especially those summer vacations up to Sturgeon Bay from Milwaukee, and the Christmas trip to Oma's and Opa's in Champaign County, IL. The 3rd row rear-facing seats combined with the sway made those passengers sick from time to time.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our family hauler was similar, the one I remember most was our '66 Country Sedan. Two adults and 6 kids, so packed full for trips, especially those summer vacations up to Sturgeon Bay from Milwaukee, and the Christmas trip to Oma's and Opa's in Champaign County, IL. The 3rd row rear-facing seats combined with the sway made those passengers sick from time to time.
Yeah...what's this modern day BS of each kid needing their own seat with a seatbelt? :p :driver:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starnuts28

Latest posts