Performing ALC for Z55

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to ask this just to be sure, but with the Z55 suspension, you only perform the ALC and not the bumpstop correct?

I have read you perform ALC and bumpstop after replacing components but the bumpstop is only for Z95?

I see on the Tech 2 the bumpstop option is under the Z95 code, but want to be sure about the procedure.

Thanks.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have searched long and hard for some detailed in instructions on how to perform the Bumpstop Procedure, and I have found nothing.

While you don't 'have' to perform the ALC procedure when changing out the shocks, you should perform it afterward.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OE compressor for Arnott compressor. I added the Arnott Z55 shocks awhile back.
just do the alc with full tank of gas, vehicle unloaded and on level surface, drivers window down and stand outside the vehicle with engine off, key in run position
only takes like 30 seconds to do.
basically all it does is it let's the air out and takes a static reading from the ride height sensors and saves it as a reference point.

also not even sure how a bumpstop learn would be performed because even with the air out of the system, the vehicle is not resting on the bumpstops (or shouldn't be)
next time I am at the dealer I will ask the service manager he has a gmt900 escalade

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just do the alc with full tank of gas, vehicle unloaded and on level surface, drivers window down and stand outside the vehicle with engine off, key in run position
only takes like 30 seconds to do.
basically all it does is it let's the air out and takes a static reading from the ride height sensors and saves it as a reference point.

also not even sure how a bumpstop learn would be performed because even with the air out of the system, the vehicle is not resting on the bumpstops (or shouldn't be)
next time I am at the dealer I will ask the service manager he has a gmt900 escalade
Please, please let me know what you hear from the Service Manager regarding the BumpStop Procedure and GMT900 trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forevertheone187