--- Photos: SPOTTER'S THREAD (post up all years/models) ---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fisker=completely electric...the cost difference will be made up quickly when im not burning gas

I don't know about you but between both cars I spend $400 a month on gas. At that rate you'd better drive that Fisker a LOT to make up said price difference and come out ahead :shrug:

OP
OP
ELIM

ELIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fisker=completely electric...the cost difference will be made up quickly when im not burning gas

and I do like vettes, don't get me wrong..I'd love a used 2001 C5 vert one day....just not very practical (esp in NY)

Tha Fisker is a nightmare right now with lots of problems within that company/car. In general, have you factored in the costs to replace the batteries in the electric car 5yrs or so from now?

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know about you but between both cars I spend $400 a month on gas. At that rate you'd better drive that Fisker a LOT to make up said price difference and come out ahead :shrug:

I spent about $150 a week in gas between my Legend, Prius and Tahoe and drive about 40k a year split amongst (not job related, just life related)

I have no interest in a Prius

well my prius has no interest in you either so there :supergay:

Tha Fisker is a nightmare right now with lots of problems within that company/car. In general, have you factored in the costs to replace the batteries in the electric car 5yrs or so from now?

Fisker is a problem now, agreed. As far as battery replacements go, are you referring to my prius or the fisker? the fisker is still too new to tell and probably will be expensive due to lack of availability (read monopoly). As far as my prius...dunno what you been told or heard but I know of a guy with 500k on an 09 prius original batteries and all.

and when it comes time for battery replacement, its 3 or 4 sections which can be bought individually refurbed for under $2k. Install is simple (and besides, the battery has an unconditional 150k mile replacement) ;)

Toyota Prius FTW (when it comes to reliability, maintenance and costs)

Tahoe FTW for everything else :)

Last edited:

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes i have.. looking at about 9 grand to replace the bats...

i think a areal atom is a much better use of the money

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would rather just buy gas and ***** about it :imo:

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Never cared much for Vettes until here lately. Ride in a new Z and it will change your mind.

No kidding buddy of mine has a Z06 with just a small cam in it and exhaust and thing runs 10.3's. Freaking sick car.

If I am to get anything two door I might go for a Dodge Viper. Buddy just got a 08 Lime green one with flat black strips and thing is just sick looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx