Picked up 2015 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I recently changed my Cabin Filter [as I going back in the road Monday] and it definitely helped.

Just so you know there is a good Diner right by Paramus C [Suburban Diner] which is very good. Been going there for years. The main downside to Paramus C is the constant congestion on Route 17. Last time I was there neighboring towns had their PPV Tahoe's in there for service.
I got a good referral to a independent shop from a trusted friend. Mechanic drove it, put it on the scanner, and checked the fluid and found no codes or reason not to change the fluid. He drove a Sierra and discussed many of the same things I've read and heard on this board so I felt comfortable taking his advice. Took a 45 minute drive home and so far so good. Going to get the radiator flushed and get some fresh coolant in there this weekend hopefully.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a good referral to a independent shop from a trusted friend. Mechanic drove it, put it on the scanner, and checked the fluid and found no codes or reason not to change the fluid. He drove a Sierra and discussed many of the same things I've read and heard on this board so I felt comfortable taking his advice. Took a 45 minute drive home and so far so good. Going to get the radiator flushed and get some fresh coolant in there this weekend hopefully.
Please send me a PM on your independent shop. I will be up there from mid October to after New Years [Lincoln Tunnel area] as long as nothing changes for me. Don't mind traveling out for a good independent shop. Thank You.

OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took SHE (trying out a pronoun as a name :) ) to the dealership to look at AC and they suspect blend door actuator. It seemed so based on my searching the symptoms on the board. Not a warranty item but they're considering it pre existing since I had them check it after my test drive before purchase. Allegedly it was a leaking 'port'? Gotta leave it a day to get in the dash and then possibly wait for parts.

OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it back fixed today finally. On way home I notice an intermittent scraping/rubbing sound from right rear. :( Gonna try not to obsess over it until the shop opens Monday. It seems acceleration related. Definitely dont hear it braking.

OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished 1st road trip of 1600 miles and only hiccup was a nail in my tire :( at top of sidewall 400 miles in. 1st shop in VA said they couldn't fix it due to location of the nail. Mapped a truck tire repair shop and dude said he'd patch with no guarantee. Had to put air every 12 hours but it held. Doing the speed limit was good on gas lol. Confused about my suspension though. Anyone know what this set up is? 20230928_205519.jpg20230928_205052.jpgIMG_20230925_132819_HDR.jpg

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The older/early production use a different style fitting on the transmission cooler lines that the revised thermostat fits. I guess that they figured all of the older trucks would be in the scrapyard already. What he can do are disassemble the NEW revised thermostat and his original, and carefully swap the internals. The thermostat pills are stamped with Celcius numbers so this doubles as an opportunity to ensure that the part you ordered is actually what you need. The aluminum cooler bypass (thermostat) housing is identical in every way between the differing units with different transmission cooler fittings.

The part number for the revised 158' Fahrenheit bypass/thermostat is #86774933.

You can also install a lower temperature 194' Fahrenheit OEM engine coolant thermostat from a Corvette (not aftermarket) and that part number is #12674634.

OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The older/early production use a different style fitting on the transmission cooler lines that the revised thermostat fits. I guess that they figured all of the older trucks would be in the scrapyard already. What he can do are disassemble the NEW revised thermostat and his original, and carefully swap the internals. The thermostat pills are stamped with Celcius numbers so this doubles as an opportunity to ensure that the part you ordered is actually what you need. The aluminum cooler bypass (thermostat) housing is identical in every way between the differing units with different transmission cooler fittings.

The part number for the revised 158' Fahrenheit bypass/thermostat is #86774933.

You can also install a lower temperature 194' Fahrenheit OEM engine coolant thermostat from a Corvette (not aftermarket) and that part number is #12674634.
You got any idea how to decode the RPO above?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffDubya