Pinging noise, wtf now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been hearing a noise under full throttle for a few weeks, at first I thought it was something in the dash rattling but now am convinced its knocking. Over the last few weeks I tried dry gas/octane booster/water remover/ techron abd lucas gas treatment but pretty much the same thing.

Now I am thinking this may have started when I had the plugs and wires swapped but not sure how this could cause the pinging.

Any suggestions? (BTW: I get gas at differant stations, always use super/premium)

Last edited:

Colossus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pinging is detonation that your hearing. Yes changing plugs can cause this. We had to change to a hotter plug in our cars when they started putting 10% ethanol in the gas like in 07 or 08 to keep running high timing w/ out pinging. To small or to big of a gap can cause this as well.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes check the spark plug gaps. Also check your K&N and if the MAF has oil on it.

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will check the airfilter tomorrow....didnt do the plugs. Has someone intal them so IDK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1