Plasti-dipping my 02 tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gvegaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, ive been thinking about plasti-dipping my 02 white Tahoe. Things i want to plasti-dip are the rear bumper, front bumper, basically all the grey parts on my Tahoe. Im wondering how much it would cost to do plasti-dip all that with plasti-dip spray. pm me or post onto this thread.

*If you want to see my tahoe go to my profile. Thanks for looking.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its actually a pretty cool process. They did some stuff with a "money print" on Orange County Choppers or whatever that Dad and son motorcycle show is lol

http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/chopper-gallery

If you have ever seen and atv with camo wheel flares, thats what it is.

They fill a vat with this liquid, lay the special designed pattern on the water then dip in the piece that they want the design on.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Hydrographing is what it is actually called.

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

I hope its not that dip stuff lol

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Plasti dip comes in a spray. Goes on like flat spray paint and is pretty hardy. I painted everything on my truck. Did the lock rims on my wheels too and it looks awesome. Peels right off too.

Only pic i got
IMG00039-20110429-1500.jpg

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hydro dipping is pretty sweet. There is a guy on gmfs that did his in a carbon fiber and looks good

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Aquino, could you elaborate on that at all? IS it like rhino lining? Any more pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365

Latest posts