Plasti-dipping my 02 tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fake carbon fiber never looks good

I think it is pretty easy to mess up the dip if you turn it or do it too fast but some of the good guys can make it look real professional

h4mmy

Reaction score
Plasti dip comes in a spray. Goes on like flat spray paint and is pretty hardy. I painted everything on my truck. Did the lock rims on my wheels too and it looks awesome. Peels right off too.

Only pic i got
IMG00039-20110429-1500.jpg

Aquino, did you prep (wet sand, sand, etc.) before you sprayed on the plasti-dip? It almost sounds like no prep work is needed, especially if it just comes right off if you don't like it. Am I right? How long lasting is it on chrome? Does it adhere well? How long have you had you're on your hoe?

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Aquino, did you prep (wet sand, sand, etc.) before you sprayed on the plasti-dip? It almost sounds like no prep work is needed, especially if it just comes right off if you don't like it. Am I right? How long lasting is it on chrome? Does it adhere well? How long have you had you're on your hoe?

So i've been reading into it, it appears no prep work is needed other than thoroughly cleaning the area.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T2003