Popping sound when accelerating from stop with turned wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DontTaseMeBro

Reaction score
Was in a parking lot. Came to a stop. Turned steering wheel to the right full lock. Hit the accelerator and heard a loud pop. 2022 Yukon XL with 43k miles. Does that sound like a damaged CV?

OP
OP
D

DontTaseMeBro

Reaction score
Job was super easy. Took about an hour from start to finish. Realized that I could have filed a warranty claim. But I guess whatever, $140 for an OEM one off of Rock Auto and I got it 2 days later. Fixed easily in my garage.

OP
OP
D

DontTaseMeBro

Reaction score
Ugh, so despite replacing the faulty CV(grease all over it; found pin hole in the boot), I still hear a metallic popping sound. It's not the same as the one I had with the faulty CV. I did some more testing on the road yesterday and I can replicate the sound when I stop, turn the wheel to one direction or the other, then accelerate. That or when I'm already driving and turn, and drive through say something like a street gutter. I already checked the rear sway bar link upper attachments and found that one of the nuts was a 1/4 turn loose. Unfortunately, that didn't remedy the issue.

I'm kind of not sure what to check next other than to ensure that all of the front suspension components are properly torqued down. With that being said, does anyone have a the tq specs for the front end suspension?

OP
OP
D

DontTaseMeBro

Reaction score
Another scenario where I noticed the sound. Going about 30 miles and hour, slow down to about 15 and coast into a turn. Same sound metallic clank as soon as I turn the wheel while coasting. No braking or acceleration this time. Just turning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pushrodisbetter