The lawsuit should have been for more $

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yet another reason why I have always said: Stay away from extended warranty companies.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yet another reason why I have always said: Stay away from extended warranty companies.

I trust no one… my opinion on warranties are that they’ll do anything in their power to not pay anyway.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll never buy another “aftermarket” extended warranty. When I bought my Denali I paid for an extended warranty on it, less than a year in, my transmission kicked the bucket and it was supposed to be covered in the warranty. My Denali ended up sitting close to 6 months while I battled the company trying to get them to cover it. They wanted me to pay for a full transmission tear down, to figure out what exactly failed before they would even decided if it was covered. I said absolutely not…. Not paying for a tear down just for them to tell me it wouldn’t be covered. I ended up filing a fraud claim with my credit card company that I’d used to pay the warranty so I got the money back on the warranty because the credit card company found that the warranty company filed for bankruptcy….. go figure…. Thankfully I was able to use the money I got back on the warranty to be able to pay for a transmission rebuild.y opinion is that aftermarket extended warranties are a total scam no matter what….

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I’ll never buy another “aftermarket” extended warranty. When I bought my Denali I paid for an extended warranty on it, less than a year in, my transmission kicked the bucket and it was supposed to be covered in the warranty. My Denali ended up sitting close to 6 months while I battled the company trying to get them to cover it. They wanted me to pay for a full transmission tear down, to figure out what exactly failed before they would even decided if it was covered. I said absolutely not…. Not paying for a tear down just for them to tell me it wouldn’t be covered. I ended up filing a fraud claim with my credit card company that I’d used to pay the warranty so I got the money back on the warranty because the credit card company found that the warranty company filed for bankruptcy….. go figure…. Thankfully I was able to use the money I got back on the warranty to be able to pay for a transmission rebuild.y opinion is that aftermarket extended warranties are a total scam no matter what….
Correction, Any extended warranty is not worth the money.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All around just bad bad news. We can probably talk about this topic for days.

I was sold an aftermarket warranty when I bought my first financed truck. 100% my fault for not reading everything that I signed. The finance guy just kept boasting about the awesome payment he was able to get for me. Slipped in a warranty without ever verbally discussing it. I signed the 100 pages that they throw in front of you. Noticed the following day that I was charged like 3k for the warranty. I called the dealer immediately and they told me that it was a done deal and can’t be refunded. So my next call was the warranty company directly, they told me I could cancel for a full refund within 30 days. I went for that but the refund just rolled back into my loan.

I never got to experience how bad they probably would have been, but it doesn’t help that the dealer would sneak it in and lie about the policy.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
All around just bad bad news. We can probably talk about this topic for days.

I was sold an aftermarket warranty when I bought my first financed truck. 100% my fault for not reading everything that I signed. The finance guy just kept boasting about the awesome payment he was able to get for me. Slipped in a warranty without ever verbally discussing it. I signed the 100 pages that they throw in front of you. Noticed the following day that I was charged like 3k for the warranty. I called the dealer immediately and they told me that it was a done deal and can’t be refunded. So my next call was the warranty company directly, they told me I could cancel for a full refund within 30 days. I went for that but the refund just rolled back into my loan.

I never got to experience how bad they probably would have been, but it doesn’t help that the dealer would sneak it in and lie about the policy.
At that particular time, armed with the info the warranty company gave you, I would have paid a visit to the dealer and they would have paid me a bunch of money, just to leave and not talk so loud for every customer in there to hear what was going on. I am an old veteran, I just don't care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beniskickbutt

Latest posts