POS power/heated seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04 TAHOE

Reaction score
Was moving my seat back the other day after wife driving and while it was going back I heard two clicks. Checked under seat and nothing. Put seat in my position because of course the memory crap doesn't work right, anyhow put seat where I like it and went to work. Went on break later tried to recline seat back. Nothing works on either seat as the heat for the seats does not work either. Searched all 13 pages of interior posts but found nothing I could use.
Any ideas would be great. By the way I'm new on here and there are some sweet-ass rides on here. Great job boys and girls and I now how some great ideas for my 04 **'.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Not sure, you look under the seats for damaged wires? Also check the fuse box for any blown fuses

OP
OP

04 TAHOE

Reaction score
Yea I checked all that, is there a fuse or relay somewhere else besides the driver side fuse block?

BigBeer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
same problem here...there should be a 50amp fuse in the fusebox that controls this.
After I changed mine, everything worked for a day and then went dead again...
Tried to change it sveral times, but it doesnt help...
Anyone?

OP
OP

04 TAHOE

Reaction score
I figured it out. There is another fuse block under the dash behind the e-brake kinda on the floor. It has a black cover over it with a long black plastic nut. Under this cover is just a couple of fuses/relays. The one for the seats is a aluminum body 30amp fuse/relay. I jumped it and the seats worked for a minute and then blew the 50amp under the hood. So in the morning I will replace both and let you know for sure. But I am perty positive this will take care of it.
Thanks everyone who tried to help.

BigBeer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know witch ones you mean. Been under there too. So you think I have to change the 30 amp? Even though it's not burned?
Cant wait, let me know as soon you replaced it!:)

BigBeer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The one with the green mark right?

0803201015112.gif

080320101515.gif

When I was down there, I also found this!!

080320101513.gif

The e-brake had worn off the isolation, cause the wire was not entirely behind the plactic cover. Dont know if this has anything to do with it but...

I'll try it with a new fuse tomorrow and see!
Here in norway, that kind of fuse cost 15$ and I replaced it 7 times till know!

OP
OP

04 TAHOE

Reaction score
Yea thats the one. Had to fight with it today because I think I also have a motor problem that keeps blowing the 30 with the green dot and the 50 under the hood. But it is working for now as long as I dont mess with the seat too much. Nice pics bigbear. Also call around to different dealerships to get prices. You wont find this 30 at advance or napa. Didnt try autozone. But different prices at different dealerships. $9.96 at one in Belton and $26.00 at Anderson.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Bigbear check the 50amp under the hood first but I had to replace both the 30amp and the 50amp.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dang bro, at those prices I'd make me a couple of spade to terminal jumpers so I could run a normal **** fuse until I figured it out. those are supposed to be slow blowing fuses, so if you are blowing them you've got a dead short somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52