Potential 05 owner..?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

64chevelle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 05 tahoe z71 package with 158k. Body is solid. Front buckets have some cracking in the leather. The rest of the seats look good...has a sunroof,bose,dvd player..remote start...thy are asking 7300. It has a issue with the heater sometimes where the drivers side blows the temp it's not set at and changes back...sounds like a acutuator. Does this sound like a decent price? I've looked at a few of these and they all have a ton of miles in my price range. But frim what I hear these run a long time. (5.3)...let's hear some input

OP
OP

64chevelle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got them down to 7000. It runs good drives good. Sometimes you would get a shimmy in the steering wheel. But it didn't feel like any front end issue...tire out of balance maybe? I did notice a slight exhaust tick. And the heat changing is only on the drivers side as I mentioned in my first post. Anyone care to chime in? It also has aftermarket 17 inch rims with 285s.

Last edited:

JR79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Heat issue shouldn't be too expensive or complicated. I think I've run across a few posts dealing with that problem. If everything else checks out that's probably about what they are selling for.

OP
OP

64chevelle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anything else I should look for as far as issues like I said it ran and rode nice. Seems like these things run forever most for sale have 140-200k on them

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From personal experience, the driver's power window motor and panel on the door have been replaced on my 02. A/C has been fixed twice, rear end replaced around 75k, and had to repaint the hood and roof recently. Engine is bulletproof...I'm still running original plugs at 214k. A lot of people complain about the trans, but I'm still on the original using it for towing a ski boat (5 hr trips) and tractor.

A little TLC and you'll be driving it for another 100k easily.

OP
OP

64chevelle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Just hope it's a good buy. I always get paranoid when dropping a decent amount of cash.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I
Thanks for the replies. Just hope it's a good buy. I always get paranoid when dropping a decent amount of cash.
did you buy it already? with the few problems it has and the exhaust tick Inwould try to get the price down a bit more. I have the same truck and I payed $4000. canadian but mine didnt need much at all.
your exhaust tick is proberly a manifold bolt and could be hard to get out and could get expensive, if you can't do it your self.

any pics ??

OP
OP

64chevelle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't yet no I'm trying to talk myself out of this one..very nice looking ride...rode good just the tick and the wheel shake kinda have me worried....but should it worry me so much not to buy it??? Ugh

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I haven't yet no I'm trying to talk myself out of this one..very nice looking ride...rode good just the tick and the wheel shake kinda have me worried....but should it worry me so much not to buy it??? Ugh
Don't let that worry you. That's a small problem. Just negotiat a good price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES