Power folding mirror problem 2007 yukon denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rosko

Reaction score
Was hoping someone can help me troubleshoot/fix the mirror issue I have.

Vehicle: 2007 yukon xl denali

Problem: Sometimes the power folding mirrors work fine as expected. more frequently though, the driver side mirror will only fold in about 2/3 of the way, then it makes a grinding/gear noise for about 10 seconds while not moving. When I fold the mirrors back out with the power switch, it works fine and goes to the expected position.

Solutions? I've tried to cycle the mirrors but I'm curious if there is something I can do before it complete destroys itself? It sure seems like there's just something off track a bit, or out of adjustment since it sometimes works, and works 2/3rd of the way closing.

Any help is appreciated.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
motor is giving out. Time for a new one. They sell parts for it on eBay if you feel you can take it apart yourself to fix or you can get a used one on eBay. Even if it's the wrong color you can pop your cover off and put it on.

OP
OP
R

Rosko

Reaction score
motor is giving out. Time for a new one. They sell parts for it on eBay if you feel you can take it apart yourself to fix or you can get a used one on eBay. Even if it's the wrong color you can pop your cover off and put it on.

It seems like the motor is fine (makes noise etc every time), it just seems like gears are slightly off or not catching correctly.

Anyone out there rebuild/adjust and fix these things internally or is it just easier to buy a new one?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rosko,

Hey there! I understand that you are looking to resolve the issue you are experiencing with your power folding mirror and are seeking advice from your fellow forum members. I might not be able to give you any technical advice but I would be happy to look into this concern. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

FireDawg212

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Totally not meaning to hijack your thread..

I too, am having issues with my driver's side mirror. It will not fold in. I think someone thought they bumped it with their door and tried to manually pull it out. Motor is running when button is pressed but it will not close it properly and now it moves freely back and forth maybe an 1/8" while traveling down the road. Any suggestions?!

OP
OP
R

Rosko

Reaction score
I ended up having the dealer fix mine. They said they just put a new mirror in, however I'm not sure they did. The new one works and hasn't failed yet, but it doesn't fold completely parallel to the vehicle like the passenger side. I'm not sure if they took it apart and fixed it, or put a new one in and just didn't quite get it perfectly installed.

I guess I'm no help :). I would have done it myself but I had just bought the car and the dealer was nice enough to fix it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968