Power Lift gate problem.....Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
My module died a month ago. Got a new one and installed it. Hope it holds out a while on other parts

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the dealer had the part on hand.

The revised part number is NOW: GM#13581405

The list price was $273.50
My price was $205.12, they give me the shop price since I buy alot of parts from them

Easy project, spent more time pulling the plastics out then installing the latch.

williebm3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2007 Denali started this also in the last few days. Hit button and makes noise like latch is unlocking and does not go up. Pull it open manually after it unlocks and the door will stay up. So not thinking struts. Took lift rod off and motor only acts like it is trying to move. Anyone else have this issue and what did it turn out to be? Thanks.

kato

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey folks! My 2008 Yukon's power lift gate latch stopped working suddenly. It will not latch when i manually close the door. Pressing the power close button while the gate is up will get the latch to make noise for a few secs but the gate won't move. Any idea whats going on? Basically two issues, i just don't see how they can be related, unless this is one hell of a coincidence for both the latch and the motor that opens and cloases the gate to go out. Appreciate any input!

Iancredible

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Similar issue, I was able to lossen the interior panel while the liftgate was stuck closed; unplugged the switch and used a jumper to force the latch to open

seems to be working now but I did leave the panel off as I expect the problem to return

The button inside the handle hasnt worked since the day we bought it and we had to use the fob to open and close the gate. Has any experienced this exterior button issue?

2010 Tahoe

08YUKIE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My interior button wouldn;t open it also, I just put a new latch in and crossed my fingers and pushed the botton on the liftgate and bamm it works. The remote and the interior switch all work to open close the gate. Glad I did it myself and not the dealer. Tool all of 25 minutes.

Buddy_Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a switch up on the overhead console, by the moonroof switches. It can be flipped to deactivate the power lift gate. Make sure that didn't accidentally get flipped. It happened to me once, must have been the wife poking away at buttons.

Ok, so this happened to us too. Somehow one of us inadvertently hit the off button to the power liftgate at the airport and we had to open the gate manually. We thought something had broken. Thanks for the tip, problem solved.

Driver94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ...Back hatch will lift but wont come down. It makes noises but wont do nothing if its all the way up. Now you can lift it midway and repress button and it will shut. After reading all these post im guessing the latch is bad. Thanks in advance!

ddh2433

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Yukon and just replaced the latch motor. It works great except every now and then when I close it automatically it will open back up on its own. It does this when it’s almost closed. Can anyone help or suggest what to do. Thanx

Sigman4577

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 Yukon Denali - Power lift gate will not open or close with FOB or overhead switch. No sound, no lights flash, nothing. Will open with manual button on liftgate handle. The FOB opens the glass hatch. Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus