Power Lift gate problem.....Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sigman4577

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My interior button wouldn;t open it also, I just put a new latch in and crossed my fingers and pushed the botton on the liftgate and bamm it works. The remote and the interior switch all work to open close the gate. Glad I did it myself and not the dealer. Tool all of 25 minutes.

What were your symptoms prior to fixing it with the latch?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 Yukon Denali - Power lift gate will not open or close with FOB or overhead switch. No sound, no lights flash, nothing. Will open with manual button on liftgate handle. The FOB opens the glass hatch. Any ideas?
Mine did this. Then I replaced the glass cause some a hole broke it. After i changed the glass it has worked flawless. I am guessing it has to do with alignment of the glass latch some how.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well, I guess it’s my turn. Been cold and I thought the gate was inoperable because of the cold. I am not sure if the latch should give any DTC when it fails. All was god yesterday and this morning. I tend to power open and close manually. Anyway, power open and close is now inoperable. With the overhead switch set to allow for power operation I can only manually open the rear gate. Glass works fine with the fob. Any tips for diagnosing the latch? I am heading up north this weekend. What if my gate wont open for me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968