Power Lift gate problem.....Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4play

Reaction score
The power lift gate on my '07 Joe stopped working today. The lights blink when i push the remote but nothing else happens. When I open the liftgate manually I hear the electric lock disengage, but nothing happens in the power mode. Any ideas????

Bubba_A

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem, but I can hear the motor run to unlock the lock and the motor run to try to lift the gate, except I hear a slight clunk and the motor stops working. You might want to check the switch that is on the upper console to make sure it is not in the manual override position

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
There is a service bulletin that discusses something relating to this if I recall. Let me look it up and I'll post what I have.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Are you able to open it manually?

FMTRANSP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem with the power lift gate, is not working? can somebody help

I have the same problem

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a switch up on the overhead console, by the moonroof switches. It can be flipped to deactivate the power lift gate. Make sure that didn't accidentally get flipped. It happened to me once, must have been the wife poking away at buttons.

OP
OP
4x4play

4x4play

Reaction score
I hate to say it but that is exactly what happened to me!!!! Took me over an hour to figure it out.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haha, my dad was working on his friend's 08 Denali and they had the same problem and could not figure it out whatsoever. As soon as he told me, I went inside and flipped the switch.

Maybe GM could prevent that the same way Ford does. My mom's navigator didn't have an OFF option on the switch, you had to go to the DIC to turn it off, same for the running boards and stuff. This would help.

loosid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
did you ever figure this out

i have an 07 tahoe the the liftgate just recently stopped working. same issue. its not the button on top, its not the 500 dollar liftgate motor that i bought and replaced. anyone have anything?

rut6466541

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lift gate problems

I am having the same problems as loosid mentioned. I was just wondering if anyone ever found the answer to his problem. My issue is not the over ride button. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have an 07 tahoe the the liftgate just recently stopped working. same issue. its not the button on top, its not the 500 dollar liftgate motor that i bought and replaced. anyone have anything?

i had a lift gate motor for $200 :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo