Power Lift gate problem.....Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerryo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished installing the power lift gate latch, and am happy to say that it solved the problem! My lift gate is now properly opening and closing again.

Thanks for posting your solution. I' dealing with the same issue. Looks like I'll be purchasing a latch here very soon. I'll update when I get it installed...

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

:insane: insane isnt it???? i was so happy when i pressed that button and it worked!!!!!

Thanks for posting your solution. I have the same issue and I'm going to order the latch come Monday. I'll post with updates when I install it.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
hope it works out...i wanted to sell my truck when mine went out~ LOL

hjprice07hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ended up replacing the latch and still having issues. It won't attempt to open, but when it is fully open, will close about 1/3 of the way and stop. Could this be related to the TSB over the wiring issue?

Dster2103

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My lift gate worked fine then drove to next town and not it won't work at all. I can open it manually but power lift not working. I read on here to replace the lift gate latch. Does something go wrong with the latch? My latch seems to operate just fine it is the power lift that is not working. Or are the two connected in some way. So it works it just doesn't work right?

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
After reading many posts here of failed struts, how do you know when they are worn out?

I manually turned off the power lift today to check, and opened it by hand:

-The gate will shut if its barely open (open half way or less).
-Anywhere half way to fully open it will stay at the position i leave it at...

Are the shocks supposed to push it up to fully open if the gate is at the half way + position?

LM

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have no bounce back. Unhook one end and push it In manually. If it stops where you pushed it to and dosent spring back. They are done.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
They have no bounce back. Unhook one end and push it In manually. If it stops where you pushed it to and dosent spring back. They are done.

Makes sense...just didnt know if they actually do have enough power to actually move the gate weight at all or just keep it steady. Most cars iv seen the gate does actually spring up if you open it to a certain height

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually heard mine go. I had the hatch open and they just started pissing gas. Psssssssssssssss

Jerryo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your solution. I' dealing with the same issue. Looks like I'll be purchasing a latch here very soon. I'll update when I get it installed...

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Thanks for posting your solution. I have the same issue and I'm going to order the latch come Monday. I'll post with updates when I install it.

4/26/14: I wanted t update everyone in case people are still running to the same issue as a lot of us. I finally was able to change out the POWER LIFTGATE LATCH and sure enough that was the problem! It was a quick fix, maybe 30 minutes. I took off the panels of the tail gate, unscrewed the lift gate latch, switched it out, re-popped the panels, and oh-so-sweet is how I felt when I pushed the button. Thanks again Smokymance for the info.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Jerryo View Post

4/26/14: I wanted t update everyone in case people are still running to the same issue as a lot of us. I finally was able to change out the POWER LIFTGATE LATCH and sure enough that was the problem! It was a quick fix, maybe 30 minutes. I took off the panels of the tail gate, unscrewed the lift gate latch, switched it out, re-popped the panels, and oh-so-sweet is how I felt when I pushed the button. Thanks again Smokymance for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968