Premier Grille swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to swap a Premier Grille (Chrome) to the RST grille (Black)?

It appears to be a plug and play fit but finding out if others have actually tried it and what the results were.

The matte black Chevrolet stamped is still my second choice but not ruled out.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following as I'm also interested in doing this.

Can I ask where you got/will pick up an RST grill? Chevy's accessory site lists the premiere chrome grill for sale but none of the all-black grills (outside of the Chevrolet script grill).

dohertykd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to swap a Premier Grille (Chrome) to the RST grille (Black)?

It appears to be a plug and play fit but finding out if others have actually tried it and what the results were.

The matte black Chevrolet stamped is still my second choice but not ruled out.
Did you ever end up verifying this? I’m looking to do the same thing.

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bloomfield, NJ * Lewes Beach, DE * Buenos Aires
It's a direct swap. I'm about to swap mine out. Though the cheapest used black RST grille that I could find was $400 ($1000 for new), so I ended up ordering this one for $200. It should arrive on Wednesday.

eBay description said it was a used OEM grille. Kinda worried that when it arrives I'll realize it's one of those POS flimsy aftermarket grilles that you can get brand new for $125. I'll be sending it back and getting the $400 RST if that's the case.

rst grille compressed.jpg

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, for some reason, the person who sold me that $200 grille on eBay couldn't figure out how to ship it, so they refunded my money instead. I am now ordering that OEM RST grille from GM Parts Giant that I linked above–GM part # 84245982. I'll let you know how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shredd_guy