Preparing to replace 4L60e myself.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking to a well known local tuner, and understand ive tuned plenty of cars, but I wanted to ask him since he did it for a living and may have seen something I hadnt. I specifically talked about the shift time error data. He stated to me that yes he has logged this data live while tuning a car on the road, and he never saw any change in it (meaning the computer isnt modifying shifts). From the factory the commanded "theoretically asked for" shift time is set around .250. So its asking for the shift to take place in 1/4 of a second. The way we know it isnt adaptive is because if you logged error and the shift was an actual .400 youd get an error of .150 correct? Now if you change shift time to .000 you now get an error of .400. It simply may not be able to shift any faster. It can change line pressure through force motor current but again there is a max value that it cannot exceed regardless of conditions and the force motor and pressure modifier tables are set for engine torque output and/or trans temp. Also, the pressure tables are set to get firmer as engine torque increases, giving you a progressively firmer shift as you get more aggressive with the throttle, but that's still not adaptive in a learning changing sense.

humblebeast07

Reaction score
Just had to make the same decision on my 03 Yukon 4x4 with 146k, 3-4 clutches where toasted a few months ago....to buy rebuilt and self install or get someone to rebuild mine.... I wanted a performance build, long story short I ended up getting a local guy to rebuild with a rebuilt converter, corvette servo, transgo shift kit, beast sunshell, red alto 3-4 clutches, some machining on the valve body, and complete rebuild other wise...install and all for 1700....my biggest thing is I wanted it to last at least another 150k, or eol of the vehicle lol

Last edited:

humblebeast07

Reaction score
That's a damn good price with all those goodies.
Ya, I first hit him up on the cost of just a bench rebuild, and he told me 1400 but he prefers to do the install to remove the chances of installer errors....he told me all he asks for it to make it worth his time, so he quoted me 1700 otd and next question was when can I drop it off.....Im in Houston, TX though and with all the trucks and hot rodders/street racers there is alot of competition in the transmission market, keeping prices competitive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO