Pressurizing air shocks……

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ReaperHWK

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll tackle the c660 for the air compressor relief solenoid first. Seems like a simpler circuit and the SCM and compressor are next to each other. Easy to check for shorts and opens.

Alright back to work, one step at a time. Maybe by this time next year it will be 100% lol

OP
OP
ReaperHWK

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally had time to dig into this today. I fixed all the mag ride shock codes the issue was that in one of the main harnesses a rubber gasket was deformed and preventing a few pins from making contact(that’s why the SCM had open circuit codes). Fixed that but still am working on the level control c660 code. That one is pissing me off now because I was trying to fix that one first but still can’t…….

OP
OP
ReaperHWK

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. Truck is 100% now what a ride. It was another wire that wasn’t making contact in a harness.

These trucks are wiring nightmares for sure.

OP
OP
ReaperHWK

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive
One more question maybe you can answer. All the electronics work now and I have zero codes, I can pump up and depressurize the shocks with the scanner, and all the mag shocks pass their self test routines. Truck also rides good once again.

I pumped up the shocks and drove for 15 min. Came back and the shocks are flat with no air. I am assuming I may still have a leak somewhere, I’ll check later.

Do you know of the SCM will throw a code if their is a leak and it senses the air shocks are always deflated? If it does I’m thinking I’ll wait for the code to show up. I know the SCM can read the air pressure sensor and it also knows the ride height with a sensor.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive
One more question maybe you can answer. All the electronics work now and I have zero codes, I can pump up and depressurize the shocks with the scanner, and all the mag shocks pass their self test routines. Truck also rides good once again.

I pumped up the shocks and drove for 15 min. Came back and the shocks are flat with no air. I am assuming I may still have a leak somewhere, I’ll check later.

Do you know of the SCM will throw a code if their is a leak and it senses the air shocks are always deflated? If it does I’m thinking I’ll wait for the code to show up. I know the SCM can read the air pressure sensor and it also knows the ride height with a sensor.
I don't think so it never did for me and I have not seen anyone report a code for deflated shocks
the norm is "hey my shocks are blown out and it rides like shit" what can I do? lol
people drive these around and don't even realize the shocks are literally blown out like a pair of teenage tennis shoes, how I don't know, I can tell if mine are even low psi
the codes come up when the ohm reading inside the shock is wrong or not connected or if the ride height sensor gets disconnected or fails, etc.
in some cases depending on how it fails it can limit you to 80mph as a safety feature and may not show a code

***soap and water time***
check all around the bladders and the pump and relief valve, if a airline is not fully seated that could maybe be it.

OP
OP
ReaperHWK

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so it never did for me and I have not seen anyone report a code for deflated shocks
the norm is "hey my shocks are blown out and it rides like shit" what can I do? lol
people drive these around and don't even realize the shocks are literally blown out like a pair of teenage tennis shoes, how I don't know, I can tell if mine are even low psi
the codes come up when the ohm reading inside the shock is wrong or not connected or if the ride height sensor gets disconnected or fails, etc.
in some cases depending on how it fails it can limit you to 80mph as a safety feature and may not show a code

***soap and water time***
check all around the bladders and the pump and relief valve, if a airline is not fully seated that could maybe be it.

So the wife started the car up and took it for a drive. She pulled out into the street and I felt the shocks they were pumped up again. She drove around for 20 min and parked. Turned truck off. I went to the truck 5 min later and they were flat.

If they are pumping up and holding pressure the entire time the car is on is that the way they operate?

I’m confused as wether the shocks should be holding air after it’s turned off.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the wife started the car up and took it for a drive. She pulled out into the street and I felt the shocks they were pumped up again. She drove around for 20 min and parked. Turned truck off. I went to the truck 5 min later and they were flat.

If they are pumping up and holding pressure the entire time the car is on is that the way they operate?

I’m confused as wether the shocks should be holding air after it’s turned off.
they should hold air for a long time weeks or even longer, if it was just sitting parked

OP
OP
ReaperHWK

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they should hold air for a long time weeks or even longer, if it was just sitting parked

Yeah you must be right. I turned the truck on and saw the shocks pump up. I was literally standing there and within 2 min they deflated. I have a good size leak somewhere. Time to get the soapy water!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maraluco

Latest posts