Purchase incentivized new 2011, or wait for redesign?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G17GEN4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As many of you know, Chevy is offering 0% financing for 72 months on new 2011 Tahoes, most of which are loaded LTZs. There's one locally, in the color I'd prefer, for 56k sticker. I am assuming they are going to come down significantly, being that they are trying to liquidate inventory, but just how much - I can't be sure. That being said, if you had yet to purchase your truck, would you wait for the redesign, or take advantage of this offer? Additionally, in your humble opinion, what would be considered a 'good' deal on this truck, given the year and options (it has every available option)? Admittedly, I realize any projections on price are merely hypotheticals dependent on a number of different factors, but comments are appreciated.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you like the 2011 and the incentives are there I'd take advantage of it. If you hate the redesign you'll kick yourself if you don't. A good price on that would be mid 40's. Great price would be lower 40's :D

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$56k sticker? That's crazy. I paid $24k for a 2007 Denali with 58k miles. The sticker price was $53k. You can buy a fully loaded Esky with under 20k miles for that price and still have half your warranty left. I think what 07burb suggested is a good price. Looks like they jacked the prices up knowing they'll have to come down considerably so you feel like you got a great deal.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
In my opinion, never buy a new design in the first 2 years it is out. They typically have more problems. I'd get the 2011 for 2 reasons. 1) On average there will be fewer problems. The ones you'd want to watch out for are likely already being experienced by the masses, such as the cracked dash and oil consumption. 2) It's going to be cheaper to get the 2011 with all the rebates and incentives. Finance 101 states the value of currency today is greater than the depreciated value of the dollar tomorrow.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure you're going to see a re-design with gas prices up and going up further. You might see the Tahoe nameplate on a crossover of some type. The one speculation image I have seen of a new re-design Tahoe looks like a current 2011 Ford Explorer.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
It's all speculation. GM fears Toyota mostly, but also has concerns about Ford, Dodge, and Nissan. They try to keep full size truck and SUV info very closely kept. Letting too much info out could hurt them. Just look at how GM pushed the release for the NNBS platform 6 months earlier than anticipated because Toyota was going to introduce their all new Tundra and Sequoia around the same time GM was going to release the NNBS to the public.

VTburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, never buy a new design in the first 2 years it is out. They typically have more problems. I'd get the 2011 for 2 reasons. 1) On average there will be fewer problems. The ones you'd want to watch out for are likely already being experienced by the masses, such as the cracked dash and oil consumption. 2) It's going to be cheaper to get the 2011 with all the rebates and incentives. Finance 101 states the value of currency today is greater than the depreciated value of the dollar tomorrow.

yep!

OP
OP
G

G17GEN4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, guys.

As far as price, mid 40's seems a bit unrealistic given that this is a brand new vehicle (with every available option), no? Don't get me wrong, I'd take it at that price, but I'm not sure sure they'd be willing to come down 10k.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they came down a little over 7k for me with 0 down. so im pretty sure they will come down a little more.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968