Pushbar suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeyondMyMeans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It seems like the Setinas have 4 mounting points while the other push bars have only 2 mounting points (typically the tow hooks). Wouldn't the push bars with only 2 mounting points be more susceptible to folding upwards in a collision and, perhaps, causing even more front end damage?
I'm curious as well. I recently had a quick look as I was walking by a local LEO Tahoe with the Setina and if memory serves there are two small bars that attach somewhere around the grill area. I remember thinking it was cool that they had more mounting points, but also that the mounts themselves weren't what I would consider "stout". In all reality, probably more for stability/vibration at high speeds than for forward collision strength. I could be wrong, maybe someone could post pictures of the mounting points.

RTLINGR2

Reaction score
It seems like the Setinas have 4 mounting points while the other push bars have only 2 mounting points (typically the tow hooks). Wouldn't the push bars with only 2 mounting points be more susceptible to folding upwards in a collision and, perhaps, causing even more front end damage?
I can not recall any that have two points. Most have four. It is just how all four points attach. The Setina has two in the tow hook frame ends an two that go around the vehicle bumper. Some others tie in high to the core support or high off the bumper but take a lot of grille modifications. So looks and functionality are soso. But you're correct, if only has to points they would fold over more. But most of them are made to push not crash. Crash rated ones have more support. We primarily use Setina on our Tahoes and Westin on our trucks.

RTLINGR2

Reaction score
I'm curious as well. I recently had a quick look as I was walking by a local LEO Tahoe with the Setina and if memory serves there are two small bars that attach somewhere around the grill area. I remember thinking it was cool that they had more mounting points, but also that the mounts themselves weren't what I would consider "stout". In all reality, probably more for stability/vibration at high speeds than for forward collision strength. I could be wrong, maybe someone could post pictures of the mounting points.
You're are correct, the Setina does have four points. Two in the frame ends/ tow hooks and two that go around the vehicle bumper and through the bottom of the grille. It is sturdy. They are also made to push, not crash. You can get them in steel and aluminum. I have already had to replace one on a 22 Tahoe. Officer rearended another vehicle. Aluminum design, not reusable. Steel brackets held up well. Think i only had to replace one of the frame mounts. Top right of pushbumper got into the the aluminum hood, and broke the grille along with some mounting brackets on the backside of the grille that dont come with the grille. That was about all i had to fix.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're are correct, the Setina does have four points. Two in the frame ends/ tow hooks and two that go around the vehicle bumper and through the bottom of the grille. It is sturdy. They are also made to push, not crash. You can get them in steel and aluminum. I have already had to replace one on a 22 Tahoe. Officer rearended another vehicle. Aluminum design, not reusable. Steel brackets held up well. Think i only had to replace one of the frame mounts. Top right of pushbumper got into the the aluminum hood, and broke the grille along with some mounting brackets on the backside of the grille that dont come with the grille. That was about all i had to fix.

I prefer steel. Easier and less expensive to fix. Same applies for trailers if you have a tow vehicle that can handle the trailer - steel is preferable.

RTLINGR2

Reaction score
I prefer steel. Easier and less expensive to fix. Same applies for trailers if you have a tow vehicle that can handle the trailer - steel is preferable.
Agreed. We have noticed over the years on the steel push bumpers is that the paint or coatings dont last, didn't have the correct prep on them to stick. They rust underneath the coatings then bubble and peel. More apparent when a section of the bumber has been drilled to install lighting or siren speakers. We paint the holes after drilling but not everyone does. We have better luck out of aluminum not peeling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rusty Dodge

Latest posts