PUSHRODS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm preparing the list of parts to order to do the DOD delete on my Tahoe. Getting the parts from Summit. They are telling me that I need to measure for the correct pushrods before ordering.
I have no idea or way to do this and will talk to the guys that are going to do the work.
I have not read anything on the Forum about this. Just wanted to pass it along...
Also on the valley cover, I think I want the one that uses the nail in plugs instead of the 0 ring cover. Is one better than the other ?
Thank you.
PS: up to about $1700 on parts so far !

OP
OP
B

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine ended up being 7.400" also, the same as stock, with all 3 of the cams I tried before settling on the Cam Motion Stage 2 Truck Cam that I have now. I went with BTR chromoly rods. Also, the pushrods are all the same stock length on the AFM and non-AFM cylinders in a stock engine.

To measure rod length though, several companies make an adjustable pushrod length checker. There are a some good videos on YouTube for how to use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1