Put up your speaker box pix and custom install pix up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys! Haven't been on in a while!

So far, no rattles! Now, if I listen to something with ALOT of bass, like some old school Beastie Boyz's Brass Monkey, I will get *some* rattle at high volume. But other than that kind of extreme, it's pretty rattle-free.

It is a 10" MTX subwoofer. I bought it with an internal 200 watt amp, and the amp had line level inputs. I got it for $389 shipped from here:

http://www.supercrewsound.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=193&catId=73

Looks like the price went up a little.

As for the speaker hole, I just went to GM and bought a new panel. If you select 2002 and color match, you will get the actual "grille" cut out in the plastic as opposed to being filled in.

mtx_01.jpg

mtx_02.jpg

mtx_03.jpg

mtx_04.jpg

mtx_05.jpg

Pic of the Electronic Bass Control Knob:

mtx_09.jpg

Jack tools under the 2nd row bench:

jack_01.jpg

Custom bracket my brother welded up for my jack:

jack011.jpg

Did you install it yourself? I am a n00b and I would like to install it myself if it has instructions available.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your set up? I am looking to keeping my third row as well. Any videos of it?

nah i dont have any videos of it.. its definitely not the loudest thing i have ever heard but for like $500 including wiring and amp.. it slams.. my wife wont sit in it when its up all the way.

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thehoe92,

That is absolutely ridiculous, are your ears ok?

His ears should be fine. My first system I had in my truck which was 2 Reasonant Engineering 12's with 3000rms going to them and that hit 144. My system I have now is a 16" HoleeS Earthquake with 10000k watts going to it and it hits about 153. This is in my DD so I listen to my music loud quite oftenly and I have no hearing problems.

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... This is in my DD so I listen to my music loud quite oftenly and I have no hearing problems.

Haha, not yet anyway. I rolled around with my eight Earthquake DBX12D subs in my dd for a while and didnt notice until recently that my hearing sensitivity is slightly degraded and I now have tinnitus (random high pitched ringing in my ears). A lot of times, accelerated hearing loss works its way over time, even long after you stop listening to high db levels, so you probably wouldn't notice damage until it's too late. Listening to 120 db for a mere couple minutes can start to cause hearing damage that you wouldn't notice right away. I listened to 150+db for minutes at a time everytime I demoed my vehicle for customers at work and at sound-offs, not to mention when buddies and I used to cruise downtown on the weekends. Years later, I now wish I had used ear protection everytime and not only when my earmuffs were convieniently next to me .

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine tucked away because I have to haul stuff in the back every now and then...

P1030928.jpg

P1030925.jpg

P1040587.jpg

P1040586.jpg

Custom car stereo in Houston did the work. It's a JL W1 10" in a sealed box powered by a 250 watt PPI amp (IIRC), soon to be a PPI PCX280, with the sub amp being used to power the front components. And the amp is bolted down, it is not loose in there. It is unbolted in the picture b/c I was working on it. Sounds great, just loud enough without being obnoxious, but it bumps if you want it to.

And the sub and amp have both survived my car getting broken into twice, if I had it sitting in the cargo area with the amp stashed under a seat, it would be long gone.

Mauro

Fresno State Bulldog
Reaction score
Anyone got one of these? I'm considering this box, curious as to how it sounds and fitment? I'd also need to figure out a way to secure it to the floor :D I have this company's box for 2 12's under the back seat of my HD and have been happy with the quality so far :D

CarAudioFactory 2007 Single Sub Box

DSC00123-1.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got one of these? I'm considering this box, curious as to how it sounds and fitment? I'd also need to figure out a way to secure it to the floor :D I have this company's box for 2 12's under the back seat of my HD and have been happy with the quality so far :D

CarAudioFactory 2007 Single Sub Box

DSC00123-1.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

Is that supposed to fit into a certain area?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
20014x4