Puttin a galaxy tab 2 7.0 in my dash!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
I can't stand having a stock audio system, especially one with lame speakers and only an aux input for an ipod on the headunit....So I just ordered a Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 and I'm going to build it into my dash where the factory headunit is! Eventually I'll grab a good comp set, a sound processor or EQ and an amp I'll be running everything with that. I'll post pics of every step when I get things goin, so yes it is just another tablet in dash thread lol but I'll try to make it as interesting as possible for who may be looking to do this.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Us NBS guys already have a write up that ballsie made, I don't know if you've seen this his thread but, I just thought I'd post it up as it might help you to get some different instalation ideas for the NNBS. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=619935

Here's what it looks like in my truck :cool:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364608782026.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364608782026.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 255
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364608805788.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364608805788.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 213
OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Us NBS guys already have a write up that ballsie made, I don't know if you've seen this his thread but, I just thought I'd post it up as it might help you to get some different instalation ideas for the NNBS. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=619935

Here's what it looks like in my truck :cool:

GREAT write-up thank you very much for that! I'd like to use the tablet to drive the factory system in the meantime until I pull the trigger on the sound processor, amp, and speakers...But I have to figure out what stock system I even have, I know I have a 6 speaker setup.

What harness would that be that I need to retain the stock amp ? is this it? http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=166&CategoryID=26

Last edited:

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it's gonna depend on what stereo you have in there now ie:bose, factory nav, onstar, Ect. I think gmos-100 retains all factory functions including the steering wheel controls but, I've heard mixed reviews on the metra products and don't know much about pac units. From what I've read, pac over metra tho

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
I believe it's gonna depend on what stereo you have in there now ie:bose, factory nav, onstar, Ect. I think gmos-100 retains all factory functions including the steering wheel controls but, I've heard mixed reviews on the metra products and don't know much about pac units. From what I've read, pac over metra tho

I just have the basic radio with the aux input, no onstar....And I've always gone with PAC they make good products.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Tablet came in! I got sent the wrong usb charger though > : ( But it's like they made this thing to fit in here its like the exact size of the radio !

temporary_zpsf15a4798.jpg

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did that the other day too.......

I held mine up to it ....... and was like Hmmmmmm.......

I have Tab2 and a GMT 900......... Hmmmmmmmm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aracka