Puttin a galaxy tab 2 7.0 in my dash!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
I just did that the other day too.......

I held mine up to it ....... and was like Hmmmmmm.......

I have Tab2 and a GMT 900......... Hmmmmmmmm.

soooo do it and how bout we make a joint build thread? :D

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lee, buy me one and we can make it a three way. No not sexually you pervs.

karlh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay, I'm a gadget geek. But I'm missing the point I think. I'll read the other thread of course. What is gained by putting a tablet in there instead of a radio?

Thanks!

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Okay, I'm a gadget geek. But I'm missing the point I think. I'll read the other thread of course. What is gained by putting a tablet in there instead of a radio?

Thanks!

Compare a standard double din vs a tablet and the difference in interface and that should answer ur own question haha

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

okay guys question for those who may know.....I understand I need the C2R-GM29 harness but how exactly does it hook up? As far as I can see it looks like the factory plugs hook to the harness and then there are rcas that come out of the harness that carry signal that go to the amp?
So In my case as I understand it it would be as followed

Galaxy Tab > C2R-GM29 > EQ > AMP > Speakers

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Alright guys I'm about ready to order everything...does this look like I got everything? I got all the other little misc cables here at home

everything_zps48c9db5b.png

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning the same install but with a nexus 7. Let me know if you need some advice on setting up how it will power on through the ignition wire instead of having to press the power button each time and have a option with a momentarily switch, relay and timer to turn it on if the vehicle is not started. This will help if your going to have it permanently installed.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
I'm planning the same install but with a nexus 7. Let me know if you need some advice on setting up how it will power on through the ignition wire instead of having to press the power button each time and have a option with a momentarily switch, relay and timer to turn it on if the vehicle is not started. This will help if your going to have it permanently installed.

PLEASE explain :D ....This is the only thing I was unsure of and needed to figure out before I install

I was just searching and pulled this from another forum...Looks like he made everything work pretty well with these apps

Apps used for the tablet:
I've set the tablet up with some specific app to perform the desired functions of a car pc, so here is a breakdown of those.

Tasker - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.taskerm
-Turns screen on when power supplied to tablet, puts it to sleep when no power
-Turns on Bluetooth with power, turns it off without power
-Adjust screen brightness depending on time of day (night mode)
-Turn on GPS when navigation or maps started. Turn GPS off when apps exit.

TuneIn Radio - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...5wbGF5ZXIiXQ..
-Streams Live Radio Stations via a data connection (from tether phone, or built in data).
-Allows you to listen to nearly ANY radio station, not just your local stations.
-Allows for easy radio listening without touching the head unit or switching inputs.

GM Gesture Control - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mVjb250cm9sIl0.
-Requires a rooted device
-Allows controlling tablet with gestures. I've set it up to music next, music previous, play, pause and return home all with gestures so that I can do these while driving without looking at the tablet.

Car Widget -https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anod.car.home.free
-Allows large easily touchable buttons on the home screen for launching apps

Volume Control - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....VolumeControl
-Persistent volume widget so that you can adjust the volume from any screen (it's the blue bar on the left hand side of my pics)

Last edited:

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since your rooting the tab, that would be the best way to go. You should check in to buying an OTG adapter that allows you to have a usb and micro sd slot since you will be giving up your main slot just for charging. Your only problem is if you want to keep it running while the truck isn't. Is there an option to have the tab shut down instead of going into sleep mode?
Being in sleep mode will eventually drain your battery. In your case a momentarily switch wont help you, you'll need a toggle switch instead.

My plan was to keep it stock and solder two wires to the power switch and run that to a relay and timer. So when vehicle starts it will activate the timer for lets say 3 seconds, so it will be as if your pressing the power button on the tab. The reason other reason why I want to open the rear of the Nexus is that the line out and charging slot will be in the way of the bezel frame, so it will have to be moved to make a nice finish.

At this moment I'm trying to trace the wires from my steering wheel buttons so I can solder them to the up and down buttons of the tablet.

Reason why I'm keeping it stock is because I've jailbroken my ipods and iphones b4 but I find it becomes a pain in the *** when you want to update the filmware. Also feels it doesn't run right when rooted.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Since your rooting the tab, that would be the best way to go. You should check in to buying an OTG adapter that allows you to have a usb and micro sd slot since you will be giving up your main slot just for charging. Your only problem is if you want to keep it running while the truck isn't. Is there an option to have the tab shut down instead of going into sleep mode?
Being in sleep mode will eventually drain your battery. In your case a momentarily switch wont help you, you'll need a toggle switch instead.

My plan was to keep it stock and solder two wires to the power switch and run that to a relay and timer. So when vehicle starts it will activate the timer for lets say 3 seconds, so it will be as if your pressing the power button on the tab. The reason other reason why I want to open the rear of the Nexus is that the line out and charging slot will be in the way of the bezel frame, so it will have to be moved to make a nice finish.

At this moment I'm trying to trace the wires from my steering wheel buttons so I can solder them to the up and down buttons of the tablet.

Reason why I'm keeping it stock is because I've jailbroken my ipods and iphones b4 but I find it becomes a pain in the *** when you want to update the filmware. Also feels it doesn't run right when rooted.

I don't play on rooting my android...I did however just install tasker..Do you happen to know how to use it at all? I've been reading the things people have been able to do with it but Its confusing as hell to use.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
First of the packages came in today :D The rest will be here Thursday, the last one Friday at the latest...Install will be done (fingers crossed) by sunday!

My biggest problem right now is how I'm going to mount the tablet, I really love the simplicity of mounting it permanently..But I really wanna be able to take it in and out easily
temporary_zpsf5b10669.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
speedracer711g