Puttin a galaxy tab 2 7.0 in my dash!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of placing two drawer sliders on the side wall behind the double din opening. Then use a 12 volt Miniature linear actuator to push out the nexus.
If you have the double din frame bezel, you can see how your tab fits perfect in it. So cut off the side pieces where you would normally screw it to the side opening and find a way to attach the bezel to your sliders. Then install a switch to activate the actuator.

If you get the aftermarket bezel frame in your hands, you'll come up with a simple solution to make it fit. Like I said, the tab will fit right in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
I was thinking of placing two drawer sliders on the side wall behind the double din opening. Then use a 12 volt Miniature linear actuator to push out the nexus.
If you have the double din frame bezel, you can see how your tab fits perfect in it. So cut off the side pieces where you would normally screw it to the side opening and find a way to attach the bezel to your sliders. Then install a switch to activate the actuator.

If you get the aftermarket bezel frame in your hands, you'll come up with a simple solution to make it fit. Like I said, the tab will fit right in.

I really want to keep it very simple looking, and most of all I don't want to destroy the factory bezel..I like the idea of using a "float mount" and using a magnet to hold it in...kinda like this, except I'd like to mount the pan from behind the bezel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1goi37GKBoc

Last edited:
OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score

lol it just hit me... After realizing I only paid like 150 for this thing, screw making it removable, I'm just gonna make it permanent and if I want another to play around with I'll just buy another one eventually

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:lol:, That's exactly why I'm mounting mine permanently. Bought the wife one for Christmas, but she hasn't even used it yet.

Did you come up with a solution on how to insert the line out and charging wires on the side while making it fit correctly. So now that your keeping it there, just get the bezel and fix your tablet to it. Whats good is holes are all there to screw it in place.

Just connect to your home router from the driveway to add apps and music through wifi.

Check out ES File Explorer for transferring files and music, it's the best one.
Check this badboy for the truck, http://www.seagate.com/external-hard-drives/portable-hard-drives/wireless/seagate-satellite/

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is how well the Nexus 7 fits. I think your Sammy has the same dimensions. When I'll put the dash trim back on it'll look stock

sdc12727i.jpg

sdc12728.jpg

sdc12729.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Here is how well the Nexus 7 fits. I think your Sammy has the same dimensions. When I'll put the dash trim back on it'll look stock

sdc12727i.jpg

sdc12728.jpg

sdc12729.jpg

that looks slick as hell, I'm gonna grab a bezel tomorrow or Friday so I'll have that to play around with I might end up doing it like you did...I'm still going to pop off my bezel and see how close the galaxy case is to being flush with the trim, if I didn't have this damn paper to write tonight I would be doing that but instead im on tyf and not doing it lol :devilfinger:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HandyHeather