Question on the anti crash technology

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My daughter is home from college and driving the Denali. She asked me a question that I cannot answer. The Denali is equipped with a technology that breaks automatically to help you avoid crashes. My daughter asked me how to over ride this in case there was a "bad guy" blocking her way.. Like a car jacker or something similar.. Any ideas?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter is home from college and driving the Denali. She asked me a question that I cannot answer. The Denali is equipped with a technology that breaks automatically to help you avoid crashes. My daughter asked me how to over ride this in case there was a "bad guy" blocking her way.. Like a car jacker or something similar.. Any ideas?
should be in the owners manual, other than that teach her how to aim for the center

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be turned off in the Settings menu.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can override mine by accelerating, the red flashing you are going to crash still occurs, but if you keep your foot on the gas it won't apply the brakes.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can override mine by accelerating,
the red flashing you are going to crash still occurs,
but if you keep your foot on the gas it won't apply the brakes.
As someone who learned how to drive in the early '80s on an automatic, I happened to stumble upon the ability to 'double-foot' very early; as a result I am slightly more adept than most at using the brake and the gas pedal simultaneously.

I bring that up to say:
When you say
"I can override mine by accelerating ... if you keep your foot on the gas it won't apply the brakes"
how can you be sure of the difference between
the brake is being applied but the gas is being allowed to overpower a limited application of the brakes
vs
the brake is absolutely not at all being applied
?

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine flashed the red lights at me, but I've never had it jab those brakes. Makes sense? Something turned off? My last vehicle would flash, and a millisecond later would start hitting those brakes.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As others have stated you should be able to change the application of the brakes in the vehicle setting menu. There should be an "apply brakes" (or similar) option so then when turned off it would still flash the red lights on the dash and/or heads up display but would NOT apply the brakes.

Smokin Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Reverse......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1